24. You found Me

Lexi was giving a massage to Derrick’s arm when she noticed that the sky is starting to dim.

Lexi:     Hmmm… sa tingin mo ba uulan?

Derrick: And now, you’re asking me about the weather? Hindi ka lang talaga nauubusan ng topic eh no.

Lexi:     Feel free to shut me up kung masyado naiingayan ka na sakin…--

Derrick: Wag na… I don’t want to be in your bad side. (laughs) I don’t mind if it rains…--

Lexi:     so magpapaulan ka?

Derrick: Pwede. Enjoy kaya yun! tas tatakbo tayo habang naulan!

Lexi:     Johnny and Jenny lang?

Derrick: huh?

Lexi:     Hindi mo alam yun? Seryoso?

Derrick: Movie?

Lexi:     Endless Love! Hello! Network niyo kaya yun!

Derrick: aah… Fan ka lang?

Lexi:     (laughs) Gustong-gusto kasi yun ni Mommy… drama kasi… so minsan… no choice ako kundi manuod… mas mabuti na siguro yun kesa naman pag sina Daddy o Kris yung may hawak ng remote… basketball…

Derrick: what’s wrong with basketball?

Lexi:     Ilang beses ko bang uuliting hindi ako mahilig sa sports?

Derrick: So what do you like?

Lexi:     I love reading!

Derrick: so mageexpect ka ng book sa special occasions? anong gusto mong valentine’s gift?

Lexi:     bakit? Bibigyan mo ko?

     Derrick was shocked—no, maybe surprise is the right word—by Lexi’s answer. He didn’t expect her to play along… He was expecting her to laugh and change the topic… Medyo umuunlad na yung relationship nila eh… gumagaan na yung pakiramdam ni Lexi pag anjan si Derrick… He always feesl like he is being himself whenever she’s around… At gustong-gusto ni Derrick pag tumitingin si Lexi sa mga mata niya… And the consequence of that, he CAN NOT lie to her… now, how will he answer her without confessing his top-secret-UNDYING-love for her… --how much he wish for this love to die and be gone immediately!

     Lexi noticed Derrick was spacing out again… while staring at her… sometimes she felt awkward when he does that, and he does that most of the tim! it feels so weird… she knows he’s thinking of something… or someone… it doesn’t matter what or who it is… but if matters if it is HER!

Great… ano nanaman kayang iniisip niya? Hindi naman AKO diba? BAKIT KA NAMAN NIYA IISIPIN? Who knows diba? If ever… ano naman iniisip niya tungkol sakin? There’s only one way to find out…

Lexi:     Earth to Derrick!

     She slightly punched his stomach and laughed.

Derrick: Sorry… may iniisip lang. (chuckles)

Lexi:     Ano?

Derrick: Lex… ayos…--

     Derrick is trying to avoid her eyes… maybe he could still pull it off… ang maybe not… Lexi didn’t budge… She was still looking at him curiously…    

Come on! Man up!

Derrick: ayos lang ba kung reregaluhan kita sa Valentine’s?