The Elevator (5)

"But I don't wanna go." Angelo whines as he looks over at his mother who is waiting for the green light to appear. "I wanna stay with you and Mommy."

Dinah sighs as she tries to stay calm. "Yeah, but me and Mommy need some alone time tonight. You know what day it is."

Ever since Angelo came into the world, Dinah and Normani have had trouble with being alone all the time, so they came to an agreement that the first and the third Friday of every month would be Angelo free Friday.

They didn't tell him that they named it that, they didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"Plus, we'll see you in the morning." Dinah tries to make it better, but she realises that she's not, because Angelo doesn't respond and just continues staring out the window.

"Where am I going tonight?" Angelo asks after a while of Dinah driving down the unfamiliar road.

"Tonight, you're going to your Auntie Ally's place." The blonde smiles, knowing how much Angelo loves the fun sized woman.

"But this isn't the way to Auntie Ally's house." The boy frowns, not recognising his surroundings.

"Yeah, well Auntie Ally has a new place." Dinah shrugs. "She moved in with Auntie Lani now."

"Why?"

"Because she wanted to be closer to her." Dinah shrugs as she makes a left on her way to her best friend's house.

"Is that why you and Mommy live together?"

"Kinda." The blonde shrugs. "I didn't move in with her before we were married though."

"Why not?" The curious boy asks, slightly confused. "Auntie Ally and Auntie Lani aren't married."

"Yeah, but your grandma didn't approve of me living with your Mother if I didn't put a ring on it."

"MamaLika?"

"Yup."

"Why not?"

"Because." Dinah sighs. "It was disrespectful."

"I don't understand." The boy admits as they pull into Kehlani's (and now Ally's too) driveway.

"I'll tell you some other time." Dinah replies as she turns the car off. "Because if I start story time now, we're never going to leave. Now grab your stuff."

Angelo knows better than to disobey his mother, and he takes his overnight bag and his Snakes and Ladders game from the back, before following Dinah into the house.

She always made herself at home in Kehlani's house anyway.

"Hey there little man." Kehlani surprises the boy as she scoops him into her arms, causing him to drop his bag onto the wooden floor. "You're getting big now."

"Auntie Lani." The little boy laughs as he squirms around in her arms, struggling to break free.

Ally walks by and picks the bag up off of the floor after greeting Dinah.

"Auntie Ally!" The little boy exclaims as he sees the favourite of his mother's group of friends.

Every Angelo free Friday, the boy would either go to Ally and Kehlani or Lauren or Camila.

It was a system that worked over the eight years that they were doing it.

Ally chuckles as Kehlani puts the boy down so that he can run into her arms.

"So, what are you and wifey doing tonight?" Kehlani asks as she raises her eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

"We're going to chill, I guess." Dinah shrugs. "We haven't just relaxed in a while."