The Elevator (8)

"Normani!" A very tired Dinah calls from the kitchen as she fixes herself a cup of coffee. "Where you at?"

"Up here!" Normani responds from somewhere on the top floor of their house.

"Amazing." Dinah mumbles under her breath as she picks up her coffee and makes her way upstairs. "Because 'up here' is so accurate."

Dinah was always very grumpy when she had to wake up early.

She shuffled past her bedroom, seeing no Normani, then past Angelo's room, seeing no Normani, and then past the guestroom, no Normani.

She huffed and walked past the study, but stepped back once she saw Normani by the window, fitting a dress on a mannequin.

This is what Normani liked to call her 'study'. It had everything she needed. Sketchpads, pencils, her favourite materials, her sewing machine, mannequins... Normani was beginning to take this fashion line thing very seriously.

She didn't want to be like most celebrities who owned clothing lines, who just slapped their names on other people's clothes. She wanted this to be hers.

She was starting a plus sized fashion range anyway. For two reasons. 1) She wanted to cater to larger women. 2) She wanted to do it before Cyn could.

Sure, her and Cyn were still 'friends', and sure, Dinah wasn't cheating on Normani with her, but she still noticed whenever her and Dinah bumped into the women, that she would give Dinah 'those' eyes.

But who wouldn't? It was Dinah.

"Morning." Normani smiles widely when she sees a sleepy Dinah barely walking into the room.

That was one of the huge differences between the two. While Dinah was always grumpy in the morning, Normani always managed to open her eyes with a smile on her face.

It was something that annoyed Dinah to no end, but she couldn't do anything about it, but suck it up.

"Hi." Dinah replies in her thick sleeping voice, that already has Normani feeling some type of way. "Why didn't you wake me to take Angelo to school?"

"Because you looked so peaceful." Normani pouts as she walks up to her wife, giving her a hug. "And I didn't want to disturb you."

Dinah sighs as she puts the cup down and holds Normani too.

Dinah was never ever sick, her colleagues were starting to suspect that she took vaccinations, so she never took her days off at the station. Until last week.

The chief told her that she needs to start dividing last years off days into her week so that she was able to get days off this year as well.

So she chose the most practical two days to take off every week. Monday and Friday.

"Are you mad?" Normani asks as she cuddles into Dinah's chest, so that if her wife is mad, hopefully she'll be less mad soon.

"No." The blonde sighs as she holds Normani tighter. "I'm just tired. I woke up thinking that we overslept, so I went to Angelo's room, but he wasn't there."

"I decided to take him to school today." Normani smiles as she lets go of Dinah and kisses her on the cheek. She hated the taste of coffee.

"Okay... but that doesn't explain why you're home." Dinah replies as she sits down on the edge of the desk and watches Normani play around with the fabric on the mannequin.

"I got... sick again." The dark skinned woman sighs as she tosses the fabric onto the desk and sits down on the windowsill.

Dinah smiles a bit as she sees how down in the dumps her wife looks, because that's the look of guilt.