The Elevator (Final/Part Two)

"Baby, I'm home!" Dinah announced, tossing the car keys on the table.

She had just returned from dropping the kids off at Ally and Kehlani's. She'd drop them off at one of their parents' place, but the two offered, so...

"Baby?"

"In here." Normani calls out, and Dinah wrinkles her nose as she hears Normani's faint voice.

"Where?"

"Upstairs!"

Dinah shrugs and jogs up the flight of stairs, taking them two by two as she reaches the top faster.

Normani was overdue. Again.

At this point, she was just convinced that she was bad luck with due dates. She could pop at any time, that's why Dinah had agreed to take the kid's somewhere to take some stress off of her wife.

Dinah first checked the bedroom, and when she found nothing, closed the door with a frown. After that, she opened both of her children's bedroom doors, only to find no sign of existence again. She finally went further down the hallway, and smiled to herself when she saw Normani sitting in her own creative room.

"I can barely fit behind this desk anymore." The brunette grumbled when she'd noticed the arrival of her wife.

"Uh, because there may be a baby growing in there?" Dinah joked, earning a scowl from Normani.

She wasn't the happiest pregnant person.

"Yeah well, this baby needs to make it's way out." Normani mumbled, rubbing over her stomach. "My back hurts, my feet hurt, my boobs feel funny..."

Dinah chuckled before nudging Normani's chair away from the desk, kneeling in front of her. The blonde settled on her knees, thankfully she was wearing jeans, because the carpet was extremely irritating when it came in contact with skin. Dinah placed both her hands on Normani's knees, and looked up at her.

"Hey, listen to me." The Polynesian demands, and Normani locks eyes with her wife, nearly melting at the way Dinah was looking at her with such adoration. "He's gonna come out soon, okay? And then instead of being stuck with this, we'll be stuck with a crying baby, waking up at odd times of the night, messing up our sleeping pattern."

"Oh wow, way to ruin the moment." Normani rolls her eyes, but Dinah chuckles lowly again before placing two fingers on the side of Normani's face, turning her back so she can look into her eyes.

"He'll be cute, so it'll be okay."

"That's true." Normani agrees, moving a piece of Dinah's defiant hair behind her ear. "Wait. Did you say he?"

"Well, at the rate this baby is kicking..." Dinah pauses as she places one of her hands on Normani's stomach, getting lucky as she feels a tiny thump. "I'm pretty sure that it's a he."

"Oh?" Normani raises her eyebrow at Dinah's analysis.

The two had agreed that they'd again rather be surprised with the gender, and in these last few days, the arguments have been high.

"Well, what if you're mistaken?" The dark skinned woman challenges.

"Then I'm mistaken." Dinah shrugs carelessly. "I mean, if it's a girl, then she's obviously doing those high kicks she inherited from Mommy."

"You're quite the charmer, aren't you?" Normani finally breaks out into a smile, and Dinah, satisfied, smiles back before responding.

"Well, I did land you." She brags lightly, causing Normani to chuckle.