The Elevator (7)

Andrea smiled as she heard those familiar giggles entering the living room, and she smiled even wider when she saw her grandson on her daughter in law's back.

"Hey Mama Drea." Dinah smiles as she lets Angelo down onto the ground. "Where's Mani?" She asks, noticing the absence of her wife.

"She went upstairs." Andrea replies before taking a sip of her coffee. "She wasn't feeling too well."

"Mama's sick?" Angelo asks, looking up at Dinah.

"I think so." The blonde replies with a sigh.

Normani never got sick, why now?

"Can I go and see her?" Angelo asks in that innocent voice that has Dinah melting.

"Uh... I don't think that's such a good idea." Andrea speaks up. "You need to stay away from sick people for at least two weeks."

"But Mommy..." he pouts, looking up at his mother for help.

"Sorry." Dinah apologises as she sinks to his height. "You know that you can't be around sick people."

Angelo nods reluctantly and gives her a hug. "Give Mommy a hug when you see her."

"Okay." Dinah smiles and pecks the side of his head. "Now go play with your grandpa, okay?"

"Okay." Angelo lets out as he runs off into the backyard where most of the Hamilton's have been for the past few hours.

Normani and Dinah felt very... unholy after their... night on the dining room table, so they took up Andrea's 'offer', and decided to go to church.

After church, Dinah desperately wanted to pick up where they left off, but Andrea practically towed their car to her house for lunch.

That's why Dinah low key thinks that her mother in law doesn't like her. She keeps preventing her from having sex.

Dinah takes the steps two-by-two to Normani's childhood room, and tip toes in through the door, just in case the woman is asleep.

As if Normani could sense that that was what Dinah was thinking, she speaks up from under the cocoon of blankets that her mother had wrapped her in. "I'm not sleeping."

Dinah lets out a sigh and enters Normani's room, slightly closing the door behind her. "Are you okay?"

"Uh huh." The dark skinned woman sits up. "I just felt a little dizzy earlier, so Ma practically carried me upstairs and forced me into the bed. She doesn't listen."

"She did it for your own good." Dinah giggles. "You're her kid, she's only caring."

"What are you?" Normani asks, slightly irritated. "Number one Andrea Hamilton Enthusiast?"

"Shut up." The blonde giggles as she sits down on the edge of the bed, careful not to disturb her wife. "Do you want me to get you anything?"

"No." Normani shakes her head.

"You sure?"

"Well..." The brunette bites her lip. "Can you get me some Pringles and a Pepsi and a packet of Doritos?"

"Didn't I get you Doritos yesterday?" Dinah asks, raising one of her eyebrows.

"It's finished." Normani shrugs. "And also, a packet of sour worms?"

Dinah huffs and nods. "Okay." She says before getting up, ready to leave, but Normani stops her, grabbing her arm.

"But first cuddle with me." She requests with a pout. "Can we cuddle?"