The Elevator (10)

"I got the keys the keys the keys! I got the keys the keys the keys!"

Normani watched on in amusement as Dinah bobbed her head to the beat playing in her head as she brushed her hair.

She stopped singing after she put her hair up in a neat ponytail, but then she noticed Normani's presence, and her smirk grew.

She strutted towards Normani, who was now standing upright with a smile on her face. She then gripped the shorter womans hips and brought her closer as she made up the next few lines of the song.

"My wife Normani, I brag different. My baby Angelo."

"What else?" Normani plays along with a wide smile on her face.

"Uh... I don't know." Dinah laughs. "You can't put me on the spot like that Mani. I'm not Jay Z."

"True." The brunette agrees and then reaches up to peck Dinah's lips twice. "You're more of a..." She sucks in her lips and pretends to think. "You're more of a Post Malone."

"Are you trying to say I'm ugly Kordei?" Dinah challenges the woman as she backs her into the wall.

"No." The dark skinned woman smiles innocently up at her wife. "It was a joke. You're my Beyoncè baby." She then tilts her head and studies her wife's face. "Literally."

Dinah blushes and then steps backwards, allowing Normani the freedom to move. "Are you ready to go Mani?" The Polynesian changes the subject and hovers over her bed in search of her Ray Bans.

"Ready when you are." Normani replies as she hands Dinah her shades.

Dinah playfully squints her eyes and brings Normani closer. "Did you get an appointment with the gynae?" She asks, her breath hitting Normani's lips, causing the shorter of the two to lose focus for a second.

"Y-yeah." Normani stutters after she snaps back to reality. "Two thirty tomorrow. So please be on time."

"You guys are going to see the baby tomorrow?" Angelo asks, causing Normani and Dinah to jump apart, but he doesn't make a move, and stands there, looking up at his parents with innocence scribbled all over his face.

"Uh yeah." Dinah scratches the back of her neck awkwardly.

Normani furrows her brow down at the boy. "Didn't I tell you to get a cereal bar to eat before we go?"

"Yeah. I couldn't reach it in the cupboard." He dismisses Normani quickly and then turns back to Dinah because she's the one he always gets the answers from. "Can I come along too?"

"I don't think that's such a good idea." Normani starts off and then nudges Dinah to say the rest.

It's an annoying trait that Dinah dislikes. Normani always starts something and then sort of forces her to continue it.

"Yeah... first visits are always complicated. I mean, you can see nothing and... it's just better if you don't come tomorrow." The blonde sighs, not being able to voice her opinion.

"Oh." Angelo nods.

Even though he's nodding in agreement, Normani can still see the amount of hurt on his face. She so badly wants to pick him up and kiss him all over his face, but she knows that Dinah will freak if she even stretches her arms out in his direction.

"Look, I'm not trying to say that-"

"-I'm going to go get that cereal bar with the stepladder." He cuts Dinah off, and leaves the room.

"Dinah..." Normani whines as she stares into her wife's eyes. "You made him sad."

"You made me make him sad." Dinah argues and then throws her ponytail back over her shoulder.