The Elevator (5)

"Normani Kordei Hansen."

Dinah's voice is low, and her tone  threatening, but Normani couldn't give a damn.

"Put that belt down." Dinah instructs, and Normani gives her a crazy smile before balling up her fist and holding the belt tighter with the other hand.

"Put down the belt?" She asks Dinah, and the blonde nods. "You want me to put the belt down?" She asks again, and Dinah nods once more. "You want me to put the belt, that is going to beat the shit out of that little boy, down?"

"Yes!" Dinah responds, getting fed up with the way Normani is making this hard for her. "Please?"

"Why should I?"

"Uh, I don't know." Dinah responds, her forehead creased as she starts to think of ways she can help Angelo not get the beating of his life. "Because he's already pretty beat up?"

"Well he should have thought of this-" Normani refers to the belt, "-before he went and got himself in a fight Dinah. Stop trying to defend him."

Dinah wasn't necessarily trying to defend Angelo, it's just that in this state, she was a bit afraid of her wife too.

"Come on babe, the kids are sleeping, you really wanna wake them up?" Dinah tries, but Normani doesn't budge.

"I don't care." The brunette shrugs. "It will be a life lesson. Never cross your parents, and you will never meet the belt."

"Normani." The Polynesian sighs once she sees that she's not getting through to her wife. She hesitantly steps closer to Normani, whose left eye hasn't stopped twitching, and slowly makes her way over to her.

She's a bit scared herself at the moment, but she knows just what to do to calm Normani down when she's angry. After being with Normani for so long, she knows what makes Normani click, and what doesn't.

She brings Normani into her arms, holding her tightly. Once she sees Normani's muscles relax, she knows that she's doing the right thing.

"Babe?"

"Hmm?" Normani grunts against her chest.

"Remember what we said about disciplining our kids? Spanking was never on that list."

"I'm not going to spank him." Normani says, causing Dinah to relax a bit. "I'm going to beat him." She says after a while of silence, and Dinah's body tenses up again as she lets out a nervous chuckle. "Spanking is for monkeys, you can play spanky-spanky with a moneky. We're not playing no spanky-spanky here. We beat kids in this house."

"Okay." Dinah withdraws from the hug, gently taking the belt out of Normani's grasp with her. "This." She holds up the leather. "Is off limits, okay?"

Normani, knowing how dangerous she can get, reluctantly nods and sighs when she sees Dinah putting the belt high up where she can't reach.

"Look." Dinah sighs and walks closer to Normani, resting her hands on the brunette's forearms, gently sliding them along to join their hands. "Let me talk to him, okay? Find out what his deal is. You'll just kill him when you see him."

"Fine." Normani spits, clearly still a little heated.

"Mani." Dinah says seriously, and Normani forces herself to meet Dinah's eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." The dark skinned woman sighs defeatedly. Angelo may have just gotten off the hook.

Dinah kisses Normani softly and then pulls back with a smile. "Go get the water running, I'll be there in a minute, okay?"