The Elevator (7)

"Dinah Jane! Look over here!"

"Dinah, Dinah!"

That was the one thing that Dinah hated most about Normani's career --- the attention.

Sure she loved the fact that her wife loved to "pose" and "draw", but she did that in the comfort of their home most times. Now, now they were outside, and Dinah didn't like it one bit.

But she was going to pull through. Normani always had when she was awarded for her years of service at the fire station, so she may as well return the favour.

"I think that's enough for one day." Normani whispers, her lips right next to Dinah's ear, and her hand on Dinah's lower stomach, giving the paparazzi a story to run with.

Dinah nods, looking down to shield her eyes from the harsh flashes of the many cameras carried by the many people who were running to take a picture of her and her wife for money.

Normani, sensing exactly how uncomfortable Dinah is at the moment, gently squeezes her hand, tugging her along.

The two make it off of the New York Fashion Week's red carpet, and walk onto the street, where they're immediately surrounded by Normani's trustworthy bodyguards. People tended to become a little... crazy when it came to the well known couple.

They were both smart and successful in their own fields, but it was their beauty that really won people over. Men and women around the world were currently sitting and patiently waiting wherever they were, to catch the first glimpse of the two on red carpet.

"I'm sorry." The brunette apologises as soon as they enter the building. "I know how much you hate that."

"Mani, I told you that its okay. Okay? And I don't hate it, its just been a while." Dinah assures her as she follows her into their dressing room.

It was true, it had been a while. The last time they attended a fashion week together --- they couldn't even remember. All they knew was that it had something to do with a certain woman named Cyn Santana.

Normani had been attending the events alone the past few years, when she felt like it, but always stayed on the phone with Dinah and the children afterwards, or during, just because she missed them.

Speaking of Cyn Santana...

"Normani! Dinah!"

Normani sucks in a deep breath before plastering a fake smile on her face, turning around to hug her arch nemesis.

"Hey, how are you?"

It's all rehearsed. Normani knows that, Cyn knows that, Dinah knows that, Erica knows that and even the children knows that. It's the same conversation every year.

"Hello."

"Hi, how are you?"

"Well and yourself?"

"Amazing."

"How's the baby?"

"Never been better. She's actually going for a shoot for blah blah blah."

"Oh really? Yeah I'm busy designing outfits for Moana and Safayah, blah blah blah."

Dinah internally rolled her eyes, and made contact with her wife's OB, who was currently carrying her own almost two year old creation. She was precious.

"Hey Erica."

"Hi Dinah." The shorter woman responds, rolling her eyes in The direction of their wives who are currently having a competition to see who could brag the most.