The Elevator (11)

"Hey Mama." Angelo beams as a very tired looking Dinah enters the house, her shoulders slumped and her safety jacket hanging half off of her arms.

"Hi baby boy." She replies tiredly and removes her jacket fully, throwing it on the laundry room on her way past there.

She straightens up when she walks in the room, and finds her now five month along pregnant wife laying in bed, with the laptop next to her, her eyes fixed on the screen.

"Hey Mani." She tries to smile, but fails.

Normani's face lights up at the sound of Dinah's voice, but a frown replaces her smile when she sees how terrible Dinah really looks.

Her hair, that was in a ponytail, is now matted to her forehead, probably because of sweat. And her face, as well as the rest of her arms, are littered in little black blotches.

Normani then trails her eyes down Dinah's body and finds that she's only still wearing her slightly dark tinted vest, her safety pants, and her safety boots.

After taking in Dinah's appearance, she also takes in the woman's smell.

"Damn DJ, you stink."

"I know." Dinah replies in a tired voice with a lady smile and starts removing her clothing, starting with her shirt. "I'm about to take a shower."

"Want me to take your clothes to the laundry for you?" Normani offers, knowing how tired Dinah could be.

"No thanks." The Polynesian breathes. "All you have to do is lay in bed and make sure that my baby is growing in there."

"They're growing alright." Normani huffs. "Look how fat I am." She says, motioning to her stomach, which is quite big now.

They had decided on using gender neutral terms until they find out the sex of the baby, just because they didn't want to jinx anything.

Dinah wants a girl, but Normani wants another boy. It's quite ironic since Normani had once said that she wanted a girl to play dress up with, but things change.

"You're not fat." Dinah frowns as she removes her vest, exposing her stomach muscles. "You're just... big. And with reason."

"Mhm." Normani grunts, slightly distracted by Dinah's abs, which are coated in sweat. "Can I join you?"

Dinah raises her eyebrow as she removes her pants and shoes as well. "In the shower?"

"Yeah." Normani looks back up at Dinah's face. "Why not?"

"Because you're going to try some things and I'm not quite comfortable doing that with that in your stomach."

As of late, Normani had been a very horny, very hormonal pregnant woman.

"So you don't want to spend time with me?" Normani raises her voice and throws her hands up in the air. She doesn't even wait for an answer. "Fine then! I'll go spend time with someone who does."

Dinah snorts as Normani leaves the room. She had been through this enough months that she had had enough practice. She knew exactly when to leave Normani and when to console her. When to laugh when she's crying, and when to cry with her.

She knew Normani would be back in any minute now, so she finally got rid of all of her clothes and ran herself a bath instead. She needed to relax more than anything.

She tied her hair up much higher and lowered herself into the scorching water, closing her eyes. She loved it when her skin burned. She loved fire.

Ironic since she was always putting them out.

The bath was probably exactly what she needed since she dozed off after two minutes.