epiloge

Gabriel smiled as he saw Dean bring his brother into a stronger hug; one that was more than just a simple embrace. Sams eyes where wrinkled at the edges from his large bright smile; tears shinning at the corners of the honey irises.

When they pulled away, Sam looked across and saw Gabe with his thumbs up, a small grin on his lips and a told-you-so in his whisky eyes. The younger one gave him a silent thank you that nearly sent Gabriel into a wave of emotion; everything overwhelming his thoughts.

He felt proud of Sam, shaken by the fact that they could both hide their pain so quickly to make sure their brothers didn't worry. It was almost intoxicating when they stole glances or over the shoulder smiles; reassuring each other that they where okay when in reality they where practically screaming at the scene that kept replaying over and over inside their head.

They didn't want to end this; the kisses they shared in the dim lighting of Gabriel couch, the small laughter that slipped out whenever one of them cracked a joke or kissed the wrong part of their body. Everything seemed so perfect; so wonderful, but it was all a lie clouded by the blinding of love they felt for each other.

"Hey, are you alright?" A warm voice brought Gabe out of this thoughts, his head tilting up to see Cas with concerned eyes and a glass of wine in hand. "Yeah! Of course!" He pulled a quick grin and wrapped his fingers around the wine glass, holding it up as Cas clinked them together. "Im proud of you Castiel." He spoke softly as Cas gave a faint smile and sipped his liquor, the soft sounds of music bringing both of their eyes to the dance floor to see the party was just starting.

_______________

Sam had his hands in the air, screaming the lyrics at the top of his lungs along with the crowd of family around him. He smiled when he saw Gabriel and Dean cracking jokes at how Cas' hair was everywhere out of place, it was a good feeling knowing that his best friend was finding harmony in all the commotion around.      

"Gabriel!" He called, his hand lifting slightly as he waved for the older boy to follow. "Whats up, Sam?" His name slid off of the boys tongue perfectly; almost too perfectly as he grinned under the colorful lighting surrounding everyone. "Having fun?" Sam smirked slightly as Gabriel laughed to himself, looking down at his shoes in embarrassment. "Yeah, i am. You?" He replied.

"Great... Are you ready for the dance yet?"  Sam asked, elbowing Gabes side playfully as he saw the nervousness quickly follow. "No! Im not ready to cry!" He admitted sheepishly as Sam quietly chuckled to himself. "Hey, we can cry together, Alright?" The younger one lightened the mood as he patted Gabes shoulder, his hand sliding down shortly after it grew silent.

"Hey, are you alright?" Sam walked closer, hands reaching out as Gabe shrugged quickly, eyes focused on the floor beneath them. "Im fine, i just.. i don't know. Seeing all these couples makes everything more depressing." He sighed looking up to see the younger boy with soft eyes and pursed lips. "Common don't think like that.." Sam grabbed his hands and pulled him into a tight hug, pecking the top of his head quickly so that no one saw.

"We are still close; closer than ever now.. I know that you know this was the best option, so please don't let me think other wise." He explained as Gabe only nodded in response, his head pressing against Sams chest as his face grew warm.

Yet it was short lived as they both pulled away, the warmth they gave each other now cold and bitter. "Now if everyone can please go to their seats, it is time for the special dance." Someone announced, Sam and Gabriel giving fake smiles as they walked together alongside their family, waiting patiently for their brothers to get ready.

_______________

The night was over, everyone smiling proudly as the couple walked off the stage, Castiels small speech warming every detail in his older brothers heart. "Im proud of them." Gabe looked up and saw Sam with a stupid grin on his face, his eyes glimmering in the soft lighting of the room. "Who wouldn't be?" Gabe laughed slightly as he looked down at his shoes softly.

"You need someone to cry on or am i free to go?" The younger one laughed as if everything was peachy and utterly perfect, eye squinting from the warm smile on his face. "You're free to go, but I'm expecting a text once you get home." Gabriel looked up and smirked as Sam nodded in understanding, getting up quickly before leaving the older boy alone in his thoughts.

The way Sam walked away was astonishing, everything so perfect about him it was almost inhumane. Gabe smiled to himself when he saw Sams father pat his back roughly, both chuckling at something no one else could hear; it was so amazing how a simple gesture could bring so much happiness to Sam.

Thats something Gabriel always admired; the way Sam was so easy and fun going, nothing ever stopping him from cracking a joke or quietly giggling to himself at random occupations, It was an unexplainable feeling that made his cheeks go hot and limbs numb every time their eyes met. There was no doubt that Gabriel loved him; it was just a different type of love compared to Sam's, and he was okay with that.

"Gabriel, cars here, are you ready?" Charlie patted his shoulder, thoughts washing away as he stared at Sam and nodded before getting up. "Don't you want to say goodbye to Sam?" She asked in a sing song voice, Gabriel chuckling faintly as he bowed his head and walked away. "Ive already have."

Charlie raised a brow as she followed him, pointing and directing him to a shimmering white car who's headlights glistened in the dark. She quickly got in, waving and shouting goodbyes to everyone who was also leaving, but Gabe took his time as he left the place where things fell apart, everything fading away as he walked further away from the wedding.

Charlie hopped in the car and pushed open the door for Gabe, signaling him to hurry up as he looked for someone hidden in the crowd of family and friends, fingers pressing against the cars roof.

He wasn't sure why he was looking; there was no point. Maybe it was for clarity or relief, or the fact that after this, everything was over. So once his whisky eyes sunk into deep brown hair and glowing eyes, he finally knew why he wanted to stay in a place that hurt him so bad.

the end