Tragedy.

He didn't speak, didn't talk, he was in a trance. His friends were in the same trance he was in. It was suppose to be a prank, and now they have to face the fact their friend is dead because of it.

"I'm going to need to question you, Mr Carter". The officer walked him over to his squad car. The lights flashing blue and red. He should have told her it was a prank. Stopped it before She got to close to the edge.

She stared at the ambulance, watching them load her best friend into the back. Knowing she would never see her again. She breaks down. Holding down her sobs was as hard as swallowing bricks, and she has to cover her mouth to keep them from being loud. She walks toward the car, and sits down on the curb.

"Nina? Are you ok"? A more smoother, sweet-faced guy says to her.

"As good as I can be, Derek. How about you"? He sensed a little sarcasm. She looks at him, Her tears flashing red and blue, due to the squad cars flashing lights. He sees some hurt in his face. "Sorry". Was all she could say.

"Not the best". He hugs her, and He too, breaks down. She embraces her friend, and rubs his nicely toned back. He too returns the favor. After some faulty questions, and lies about their friend being suicidal, and she talked of killing herself, they also explain the fact they thought she'd never do it. It was a terrible lie, but they didn't want to take fault, and get arrested.

After a while, the cops wrap their search, and lets them all go. The group of friends split off, and go their separate ways. Nina gets in Derek's truck, and they too leave. After a thirty five minute drive, He pulls up in front of her house, and she thanks him, and begins to walk off.

"Nina"... He stops her, and she turns back to him in the truck. "Be careful. One slip up, and you'll be facing bar's for a long time...we all could".

"I will". She tries to force a smile, but it comes out half ass. She continues to her house, and goes inside. Trying to get pass this terrible night.