realization.

She called Reece, and asked to stay with him. He agreed. She was only twelve miles, or so from his house. So it didn't take long to get to his house. As she turned the engine off, and got out, he greeted her with a hug.

"Hey" he said, rubbing her back. "How're you holding up"?

She pulls from his shoulder, and looks into his eyes. "Not good. Not good at all".

The wind begins to blow again, and she can hear the cranking metal of her parked car. The noise gives off a eerie feeling, and the wind makes her shiver.

Seeing the shiver, Reece motions her to the house. And she lets him walk her to the porch.

Once inside, they sit on the couch. And talk about the past events. Soon after he goes into the kitchen, and her phone goes off.

Flipping it open, she clicks on her new message, and stares in terror. She sees Derek sitting in his bed, heavily medicated, and in a deep sleep. Under the picture in all caps is; "HURRY"!

She darts from the couch, and out the front door, and Reece heard the slam.

Running from the kitchen, he looks out the window, seeing her car pull out of the driveway.

She didn't bother stopping at red lights, and almost caused a accident at one, when a Chevy pickup spun out of control, as She barreled through the light.

She raced into the parking lot, and left the engine running, as She ran out of the car.

The hospital was pretty vacant, with a spew of nursed, and night Aids here and there, but otherwise, pretty still.

She rushes down the corridors, not letting anyone stop her for questioning. She reaches Derek's room, and the screams flood out of her mouth. His mouth had been gashed open, cheek to cheek, and something was written above his bed, in his blood:

"You're too late"!