late night visitor.

Her phone beeped, letting her know she got a new message. She didn't hear it. She flipped through her stack of papers, And sorted them out. Her phone beeped again, and this time she heard it.

"Almost there, I have food".
-Derek.

That was like music to her ears. It has been hours since she had lunch. And She went back to her papers.

The alarm screamed to life, letting her know someone got in without a key. And she sprung from her desk.

"Hello"? She waited for a answer, but none came. And She approached the office door, and a shadow passed the breeze-way. Through the tinted frame of the Windows, a shadow flew through by the window, like butter, with no noise.

"Hello?" She demanded, a little more sternly. She grabbed the door, and a black shadow pounced upon her. And she kicked, and screamed, only to see Derek. He is dying hysterically from laughter.

"Not funny!" She yells at him. She gives him a slap on the shoulder. "Asshole!" He only roars louder.

"Here". He hands her a bag of "Burger King" and sat his separate bag on the desk next to him. And they sat and Are their food.

"So..." He begins to speak, but she interrupts him.

"I like you Derek, but I don't think its the best time to begin "dating". She rubs his cheek, and looks at him. "I mean, two of our friends were butchered, and I'm not mentally stable for a relationship at the moment".

"I know. But, I thought if we're dating, I could protect You better". He looks at the floor, sipping at his 'Dr. Pepper', and sets it in the garbage bin. "I like you Nina. I just want you to be safe". He hugs her.

"I know. And maybe when this freak is caught, we can make it work. But I won't know till then".

"Well, I got to go". He gets up, and brushes his dirty jeans".

"I want you to know Its not you, it's this freak".

"I understand. I do. But, I just wanted you to know you're safe with me". He pulls his cell phone from his pocket, and his eyes widened with terror.

"What is it"? Nina asked, noticing his terrified look.

He shows her a picture. Not just a picture, but a picture of them. A picture of them sitting in the very room they're in now. They knew they're being watched.

"Come on. We got to get out of here"! They make their way to the front door, only to stop in their tracks. The door was wide open. The alarm didn't even go off. The wind blew roughly, shaking the doors vividly.

Then the real terror began when the figure rounded the corner. The overhead lights cast a eerie glow to his face. He pulls his pickaxe from his robe, and begins to Chase after them.

"Run!" their feet in blue themselves, and they spring down the office corridors. They dart into the boss's office, and shuts the heavy door. Being there was no Windows in the room, Derek tips a heavy metal shelf in front of the door. The pickaxe slams against the outer layer, trying to find entry through the wooded material.

One hit. Two. The wood began to split.

"We gotta move!" the door began to give way, and Nina opens the doorway, leading to the 'meeting room, only to meet the figure halfway through the room.

They turn back and slam the opposite door, and rush out into the main hallway. And run down toward the open exit. They get close to it, only to meet the swing of the pickaxe, and just missed Derek, and stabs into the wall.

"Run! Nina, run! Go"! Derek rushes the figure, but the figure slices at him, and gashes his shoulder blade, blood soaks his blue shirt, and he quickly recovers.

"Run"! Nina began to run again. And she rushes into her office, and hits the fire alarm. This triggers the security alarm, and the figure rounds the corner, and sees Nina holding a extinguisher.

"Need a cooldown, asshole"? She releases the nozzle, and the white foamy substance pollutes the air, and sprays the killer in the face. He staggers back, and they hear the security guys, Adam, and Lester, kick the door in.

Everything happened so fast, they failed to see the figure was gone, and that's when she noticed Dereks wound.