Chapter 2

I made my way back to the train station, cautiously climbing carefully over the fence, making sure that the peacekeepers didn't catch me. There was one sleeping against the fence. Must be Darius.

As I approached the station, Haymitch was waiting outside with an anxious look on his face. Either that or he was drunk.

"Decided to show up then eh, sweetheart?" Haymitch laughed as I wrapped in a hug.

"Haymitch, I missed you so much!" I said actually smiling for once in my life.

"I missed you too sweetheart, come on let's go inside, Effie's going mad waiting for you to show up" Haymitch replied.

Haymitch and I walked onto the train and immediately sat down at the table and poured a drink. Haymitch took a glass from the cupboard and dropped it accidentally. I jumped a little as I wasn't expecting it

"Cheap glasses" Haymitch muttered

"Oh good, you're here, i thought we were going to have to send a search party out for you" Effie shouted as she entered the room with a large book in her hand

"Katniss, Peeta, these are your two mentors and previous hunger games victors, Renae and Haymitch." Effie announced.

We all shook hands and said hello.

"Oh, good, good, well, why don't you four stay here and get to know each other whilst I go sort out your schedules for today" Effie grinned whilst she plodded of with her big heels trailing against the floor.

I walked into my room and brought the cake I bought from the bakers out.

"I bought this cake earlier on in 12 and I was going to eat it myself but I'm feeling generous so I thought that maybe we can share it" I took out the cake

The boy with the blonde hair was smiling/blushing quote a lot.

"What?" I asked coldly

"Oh, you don't remember." He said with a frown. "I was the one who sold you that cake. My names Peeta"

"Oh yeah, I remember now. I knew I'd saw you before at the reaping but I just couldn't put a pin on it" I replied with a smile. Wow. Smiling. What was this guy doing to me. The only person who makes me smile nowadays is Haymitch. Peeta. Peeta Mellark. Huh. I'll need to remember that name.

Everybody tucked into a slice of peetas delicious cake. Peeta. Peeta Mellark.

"So, how come you were late for the train" Haymitch asked as he poured himself a very large drink.

"I stopped by to see my family" I replied. "But they didn't want to see me"

"No wonder" katniss muttered.

"What did you just say" I questioned.

"I said no wonder they don't want to see you. Don't you get it. The whole of 12 hates you. Your a traitor and a terrible person" Katniss spat at me.

"You don't understand, I have a reason but no one wants to listen to it" I screamed. "I'm sick of it, sick and tired of people judging me because of my past. You don't know me. You don't know what I've been through ever since that arena. You have no idea"

"Oh yeah. Enlighten me" katniss said with a smug look on her face.

"You've got a sister, right? Primrose. You wanted to save her from any harm. Save her from death by the Capitol. That's why you volenteered, right? I've got a little sister too, Posy. She's only 9 years old. The Capitol blackmailed me into siding with them, district 12's savior. They said that if I didn't, they would kill my family. Every one of them. As much as they hate me now for doing what I did, I'll always love them and I don't regret for a minute what I did to save them" I said dryly.