Family first finally

Adelaide has continued to struggle maintaining her body temperature on her own. She is now wearing a monitor whenever she isn't under the warmer or being held skin to skin. We have kept our hospital room so warm that Blake had to go home to get shorts and tshirts for us to wear in the room. It's our second day in the hospital our little girl is officially one day old and the boys will be here any minute. Blake get the text from Jen that they are pulling in the parking lot so he goes to get them and show them to the room.

"Mommy!!!!" Zuma comes running in the room

"Hi baby!! I missed you so much!"

"Mom! How's my sister?" King asks. Man he is growing up so fast.

"She is doing good. She just needs a little help keep her temperature up, she gets cold really fast so we have to help her a little bit with that."

Concern clouds his face as he looks around the room trying to get his first glance at his little sister.

"Are you ready to meet you baby sister?"

"Yeah!!!" Both boys shout

"Come sit up here with me, But be careful ok. She is really little." I tell them

Both boys climb onto the bed on either side of me. I have Adelaide laying on my chest skin to skin with a blanket laying on top of us. I pull the blanket down for both boys to see her.

"She is so little mommy. Why is she so small? Is she gonna grow?" Zuma asks.

"She is so small because she came a little bit to early but she is doing great. Before you know it she will be big. It's just gonna take her a little longer."

King is staring at her rubbing her head so softly. It touches my heart to see the care he is taking with her. What makes me cry is that every time his hand rubs her little head I can feel her sigh. The instant bound they have has tears flowing down my face. My oldest and my youngest amazing. King looks at me like he wants to say something but thinks better of it and stops himself.

"King what's up baby?"

"I just was gonna ask if I can hold her but I don't know if that's a good idea since she is sick. She probably needs to be with you."

"King do u want to hold her?" I ask him

"Yeah I do I just don't want her to get to cold." He said staring at her.

"King we can take ur shirt off and lay her on your chest and wrap the blanket around you guys if you want to hold her. You don't have to but if you want to you can."

"Really? Can I? I want to!" King exclaims.

Blake helps him get his shirt off and sanitize his hands. He sits him in the chair with pillows. Blake takes Adelaide from me and transfers her to Kings chest wrapping the blanket around them. Seeing my oldest hold my youngest brings tears to my eyes yet again. It brings into perspective how small Adelaide is. Even laying on her brothers chest she is so tiny. King held her for over a hour. We kept asking if he was done and when he would tell us "no she is sleeping. I don't want to wake her up" we would tell him to let us know when he gets tired of it. My middle two kids are playing with the cars and blocks that Jenn thankfully brought with them. Apollo doesn't seem to interested in seeing her which makes me nervous about taking her home and the challenges with him we are going to face.