Fishing

We don't get to the ranch until after dinner time. The kids slept from the airport to the ranch so we held dinner off till we got there. Blake promised the boys pizza so I called and ordered it when we were 10 minutes out. We unload the truck first of kids then Blake and King get all the bags out and deposit them in everyone's rooms.

Addie and Apollo have already begun to drag their toys out of the toy chest in the family room. I take a seat on the couch and watch the as Zuma sits down beside me.

"Mom can I ask you something?"

"Of course baby anything."

"What's wrong with you and dad? You guys have been upset since you picked us up from nonna's house."

"We are ok buddy. We just got some grown up news that's all. We are ok though. I'm sorry if we worried you baby."

"You know I'm big now right? I'm almost 10. I can handle it if you want to talk."

"I know baby your getting to big. I just want you to stay young don't try to grow up to fast ok?"

"Ok mom. I love you."

"I love you to baby more than anything."
...............................................................................................................................................
That night we decided to sit at the table and enjoy our pizza talking as a family rather than being plopped in front of a tv. It never fails that I get emotional at times like this. I never thought in a million years I would ever get something like this. A family that sits down for dinners together. A family that truly loves one another so much that every stranger we pass can see it. I may not have gotten it on my terms but God doesn't always follow our plans. He has his own plans that's don't always match up with ours.

"So boys. What do you guys want to do this week?" Blake asks

"I want to go on the four wheelers!" Zuma says excitedly

"Dad can we go fishing?" King ask meekly

"Absolutely, tomorrow I'll take King out on the boat fishing and then Monday Zuma you and I can take a ride in the woods for a little. How's that sound?"

"Yeah" they both agree shaking their heads

"Daddy what we gonna do?" Apollo ask clearly wanting some alone time with daddy

"Hmm what do you want to do bud?"

"Ummm I want to take Betty for a walk."

"That's a great idea buddy we can do that."

"Dad what about Addie dad? What she gonna do?" Zuma asks not wanting his little sister left out of the fun.

"Well.." Blake thinks for a minute

"I'm gonna take Addie downtown and do some shopping. Last time I was here I saw some super cute kids clothing stores I want to go in."

"That's a great idea mom" Zuma says seemingly pleased his baby sister won't be left out of the fun

The rest of dinner is spent telling stories, laughing, and enjoying the fun of being a family.
..............................................................................................................................................
That night we all head to bed early. It was a long day. A day that changed everything. Blake and I were in bed, my head on his chest and my ever growing belly leg thrown over his, practically laying on him.