Custody

We finally pull up outside my parents house. I thought I was excited to get home to the kids but for the first time that I can remember Blake doesn't ask me to wait so he can get the door. We both hurry out of the car joining hands while we practically run to my parents door. We ring the bell and hear all the little feet running to the door. The door burst open and three boys crash into us.

"Mommy!!!!! Daddy!!!!!!" They all yell

Blake picks up Apollo who is reaching toward him repeating daddy over and over again. I hug my big boys kissing them. Next I reach for Apollo to come give me a hug.

"No daddy. I stay wif daddy." Apollo pouts

"Well ok then can I at least get a kiss?" I ask with a sad face

"Yes" he says grabbing my cheeks with his hands and planting a sloppy kiss on my lips

"Where is sissy and Nonna?" I ask

"In here mom." King says bouncing into the living room

We all move into the living room and find Addie and my mom on the floor playing. As soon as Addie sees Blake and I she starts babbling. I tear up hearing her babble both dada and mama. I start to walk over to my baby girl to pick her up but my mom puts up her hand up to stop me.

"Tell her to come to you" my mom says

"Okay" I say looking skeptically at my mom "Addie baby come to mommy?"

She looks at me saying mama and moves to a hands and knees position. Next thing I know she is crawling toward me. She is super wobbly but she is crawling. Our baby girl is crawling. I break down crying and Blake puts Apollo down moving to pick Addie up.

"Princess look what you learned to do while we were gone. Your such a big girl" Blake tells her while she lays her head on his shoulder before sitting back up and reaching out for me.

"Baby girl mommy missed you so much." I tell her hugging her to me

I catch up with my mom. She tells me all about the kids weekend and how they behaved. We have started Addie on baby food so I don't breastfeed her as much, but she was forced to take a bottle while we where gone. She didn't like it but accepted it when she got hungry enough. We pack up the kids and take the home to get ready for bed.
...............................................................................................................................................
That night after getting all the kids to sleep Blake and I lay cuddle in our bed.

"It's really nice to be back in our bed." I say snuggling into the sheets and Blake even more

"Yeah as fun as it was to get away, I really missed our house and the kids"

We lay there quiet for a few minutes.

"Hey Gwen"

"Yeah babe"

"I don't want to assume anything but have you ever though about going for sole legal custody of the boys?" I tense at the thought of my ex

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked it's not my business" I can feel the change in his demeanor

I sit up, because of course it is his business.

"Why would you say it's not your business?" He sits up now to resting his back against the headboard

"Well I'm not their dad. That's between you and Gavin. I don't want to overstep my boundaries."