Things change alot

I see Blake's truck pull into the parking lot as he pulls up next to us and throws it in park. Blake jumps out of his truck and I find myself running into his arms. I have never let my emotions get the best of me in front of my kids, but this time I couldn't deal. After he holds me for a few seconds he pulls away as both hands go to my cheeks. I flinch as he touches where Gavin slapped me. It's very well bruised. When I flinch Blake's eyes immediately see the reason for my flinch.

"That bastard! I'm gonna kill him!" Blake gets out inspecting my cheek.

"Blake Apollo." Is all I manage to get out

Blake's face turns white and he moves to get to Apollo. As soon as the door opens I hear my sweet little boy crying out for my love, becoming more and more upset the longer it takes Blake to unbuckle him. The minute Apollo is in Blake's arms the tears stop, he lays his head on Blake's chest, and his hand goes in for Blake's ear.

"Gwen what happened? Are you hurt anymore than that bruise? Apollo has a nasty one too. And he feels like he is soaked."

I go through the whole story with Blake as we sit at the table with our version of the Brady bunch. Blake's eyes grow darker and darker as the story progresses until I reach the part of him getting to us. Blake grabs a diaper and wipes picks up Apollo, who protests being pulled from his ice cream.

"Hold on buddy we need to change your diaper and pants there wet."

As Blake changes his diaper we see what horrifies me. Not only did Gavin slap our two year old son in the face, but he spanked him so hard, with what appears to be a belt, that he left whelps all over his butt. Anger rages in Blake's eyes and all I can do is cry. Blake picks up his phone and makes a phone call, I can't figure out who he would be calling until he asks the person on the other line to come get the oldest boys and if they would take the baby too. I shake my head no but Blake ignores me. As soon as he hangs up...

"Blake no one is taking Addie! She won't take a bottle. How would they feed her? No."

"Gwen the kids don't need to be around us when we are worked up like this."

"Well no one is taking the baby. I need her right now." I say as I'm pulling her from her car seat and walking back out into the parking lot.

I'm having a day I never dreamed would happen but that seems to be the norm in the last few years. Never dreaming coming a reality. In some ways that has been a good thing. Blake, Addie, a new album, and fans showing so much love and support. However some are very bad. Gavin still cheating, breaking of my marriage, sharing custody of my babies, and now this. I hold my little girl rocking her back and forth.

"Your mommies little princess. You know that right? And your daddy he is such an amazing man. When you get big you have to find yourself a man like daddy. Don't ever let a man determine your worth. But most importantly never let a man lay a figure on you. You are a gorgeous and you deserve the world baby girl."

Tears are running down my face when I feel his arms wrap around me from behind me. Turn and burry my face in his chest while he rubs my back. I don't know how long I stand there holding my sleeping princess in the arms of my lover. We finally brake apart when we hear Apollo crying at the table.  Blake looks at me worry in his eyes. His fingers trace the growing bruise on my face. Apollo screams even louder this time and he looks over his shoulder then back at me.

"Go baby he needs you. I'm ok. I promise."

"I love you."