Chapter 4 : The grade 7 Farewell

I've been waiting for the grade 7 farewell for a long time now and I was so excited that it was just 2 days away.

I went to 20 different shops looking for the right dress and I found one. It was a white boobtube dress with gold and silver beads which costed R700. I booked an appointment with the hairdresser and makeup salon for the next day and I just went to China Town to but my diamond necklace with matching earings.

I had everything done and ready for my farewell. The day of the farewell I went to get my hair done. They were curling my hair which came to R200 then when I was done I went to the makeup salon where my makeup came to R300. I thought everything was so expensive because the total came to R1270. I wondered what was Stefan going to wear seeing that he was my date for the farewell.

It was 19:00 which meant the farewell had started. There were disco lights, cake, sweets and music. Stefan came in he's white tuxedo. We danced that night and Stefan said that he had to go somewhere quick. He said it was a surprise.

Later at the farewell someone gave me a note from Stefan that said "meet me at the fountain" as soon as I went to the fountain I sat on the edge waiting for Stefan. Then suddenly .... someone snuck up on me and pushed me into the fountain. Stefan saw what happened and came to help me out. I was soaking wet, my hair and makeup was ruined and I was shivering. Sipho and Lisa started laughing and as Ashley came by, she purposefully spilt chocolate milkshake on my white dress. Ashley's friend, Lara stepped on my dress with her high heels and my whole dress ripped. Everyone started laughing. I
was so embarrassed that I ran outside to sit under an old willow tree and sob. It started to rain cats and dogs. When I got home I was soaking wet and my white dress was ripped and filthy. THIS WAS THE WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!