Chapter 9 : Mary's art centre

In the morning the the voting for linked in learner took place but I didn't know you had to elect people that morning. One of the girls I met on the first day elected me and I got so nervous.

They asked us to turn so that they could vote. When the homeroom assistant tapped on our backs the rest of the people would vote. I knew I wasn't going to win until suddenly.....people voted for me! I was so happy but also a little confused. I never bonded with anyone and no one even knew me but I was just honoured to be the linked in learner.

At 09:00 we had to leave for Mary's art centre. We travelled by bus and this strange boy came to sit next to me, everyone called him "gangsta" but he said he's name was Bax. He kind of looked a bit Japanese though. We had absolutely nothing in common but he made me laugh the whole trip. He became one of my friends and so did he's friends (Jake , Brad  and Dennis)

We arrived at Mary's art centre and were split up into 2 different classes. The one class was with Ms Victoria and the other Ms Maxi.

We had to draw a bird, then cover it with newspaper, then cut it out, then paint it lite colours. I never really got the point of making it but at least I got to get my fingers messy.

We had a break there and I asked Bax to be in my technology group. He said he's not sure because he was in another group.

Two days later Bax came back to me and told me that he's group ditched him. Bax and he's friend Jake had no group and the group had to be at least 3 members. I took the opportunity and we decided to build a carousel.

It took us 2 and a half weeks but our assignment was finished. It was a very colourful carousel and had a small red flag on the top. It took so much time but it was worth it because it was an outstanding model and a huge success. Valentines day was just 3 days away.