Chapter 7: A new friendship

Now with Emma in the way I didn't know what to do! Ok so maybe I'm a bit jealous. Can you blame me? It's a new experience for me and she's really pretty. How could I compete with her?

At interval Eva had to meet a teacher so I had to spend time with Emma. Actually I thought I had Emma all wrong besides her being pretty, that part was true but she was actually really nice to me. I felt like it was the beginning to a new friendship.

Emma and I were really starting to bond. It was like I knew her better than Eva. She was a bit weird and crazy but my second favourite quote was "The crazy ones are the best ones" from the book "Alice in wonderland". She offered me to come with her to the Presidens hotel but I knew my parents would never let me stay a night out so I declined the offer politely.

The bell rang and it was crazy, everyone was rushing to get to class and it felt like a stampede. I arrived late to class and missed 10 minutes of the lesson. Mr Lockwood was not very happy about it.

The lesson was about oblique and isometric drawings which I learnt since grade 6 but my class has never learnt it which really was a shock for me. Since I arrived late, Mr Lockwood asked me to do the homework on the board but when I did it he was very pleased but I had to be honest and say that I learnt the work since grade 6.

Two weeks later I knew everything about Emma and Emma knew everything about me but we were both really angry with Eva because she decided to be friends with 3 other girls from her class. Their names were Lisa, Leila and Zoe.

I felt bad that Eva didn't want to hang out with us anymore but Emma said that Eva did the same thing to her in primary school. So I just lost my first friend.

Our grade head Mr Dimitri told us that there was going to be a grade 8 pool party and I thought maybe I would get the chance to bond with my class. I was so excited. It was a chance to become "linked in learner" . A linked in learner meant that you had to remind the class about birthdays, remind the class what homework we had and to take responsibility. I really wanted to become the linked in learner but I knew people would never vote for me.