Chapter 13 : MADD evening

To my surprise I found that my report was actually really good. I got 5 A's, 4 B's and 2 C's. I thought I deserved a round of applause but I knew I could do better so next term I really need to study hard.

It's MADD! MADD is a concert held once every year at Winston High and happens for only 3 nights and this year's play was called " The idiot's guide to performing arts. " Emma and I were taking part in this year's MADD and we had to come every day after school just to practice.

We only took part because I was in choir and she was in drama and MADD was an acronym for Music, Arts, Dance and Drama. Choir has been working their butts off because we only had two weeks to practice 7 songs.

During one of the practice sessions I started to cry and Emma came to comfort me. The reason why I was crying is classified but you will find out in my next book " art school" .

We took a walk around the field and I started feeling a little bit better. I then told myself to go back inside and shake my booty to the music.

On our first night of MADD I was a bit nervous because it was my first time participating in a high school play.When we walked onto stage the crowd was nearly empty and they were very quiet. I think the second night was much better than the first because the crowd was a lot more excited, the volume was perfect and I felt a lot more confident in myself. The third night was amazing!

I enjoyed every minute of MADD but I was just a bit glad that it was over because I was exhausted and I needed to complete a lot of projects.

The following week was awards day and I got the 212 award for dance. 212 simply means that you are the extra degree which also means that.... that certain person put in a lot of effort into that certain subject. My parents were really proud of me when they saw the badge and they told me that I am one step closer to becoming the leader that they hoped I'd be.

If you want to see Emma's point of view then please read " Luck " by africanauthor.
Thanks for reading  (: and I hope you enjoying my book so far (: ♡