Chapter 5: New beginnings

"Finally! Goodbye primary school and hello Winston High." I was so excited yet nervous at the same time. I had so many butterflies in my tummy because I'm meeting new people. It's kind of scary but anyway, I was just glad to get away from primary school and to come to my dream school.

I heard that Winston High is a bully free zone and is high in discipline. Well anyway back to the topic. It was my first day which it was also our sports day. The school was enormous. We exercised for the first hour and I couldn't breathe because of my asthma. When it came to break, i started writing poems. This girl with strawberry blonde hair and greenish-blue eyes came up to me and introduced herself. Her name was Eva Murie.

I was so scared because I thought she was like Sipho and Lisa, that I didn't respond back to Eva at first but then it occurred to me, "maybe she's nice. I should just give her a chance. " I thought to myself. I told Eva that my name was Ella Henderson and that I loved poetry. She laughed and said that she loves poetry too.

We talked for ages about some interesting and dumb things and it seemed like we had a lot in common. It felt like I've known her my whole lifetime. She also told me that she was in 8A. That was the one thing I was sad about because we were not in the same class. I was in 8B.

Suddenly the bell rang and we all didn't want to go back to doing P.E. I always hated P.E and now I had to do it for another 3 hours. Well, on the bright side I made a friend and on the bad side, I had to do P.E for 3 more hours. We had to do high jump, long jump, 200 meters, tug of war, discuss and shotput.

My body felt numb as soon as I got into the car. When I arrived home, I went straight to my room and I was flat out in bed. My body was in pain so I just caught some Zzzz's.

This was the end to a perfect and not so perfect day.