Chapter 6: First day of High school

So it's my first day of actual school. Im really excited to meet the rest of my classmates and I can't wait to meet my teachers.

At 8:00 the bell rang and I never got to see Eva. I wondered where she was. I thought maybe I could find her during break. I walked into class and took a seat. I was so nervous of the two boys sitting next to me. Our teacher walked in and introduced herself. Her name was Mrs. Anderson and she was our natural science teacher. She asked us to stand and tell us something about ourselves.

A girl said that she loves pink, another boy said he loves pears, another person said he loves xbox and I said that I love the arts.

I've always had a love for art and I done all of them. I done dance, visual art, music,  drama and singing. I've always had a connection with art. It felt like it was part of my soul.

Our afrikaans teacher, Mrs Van der Schyff, asked us what was our favourite movie. Well mine was "high strung". I guess it was my favourite movie because it was about performing arts and it really touched my soul that I started crying.

We met all our other teachers like Mr. Lockwood (technology teacher) , Mrs Thompson  (English teacher), Ms. Botha (drama teacher), Ms Buratovich (dance teacher), Ms Lively (maths teacher), Ms. Starling  ( life orientation ), Ms. Gretchen (history teacher), Ms Jansen (P.E teacher) and Ms. Parker (Geography teacher). I found that they were all really nice besides our maths teacher. She scares everyone and she always says our work is wrong.

At break I looked for Eva and I finally found her but she was with another girl. The girl wore big glasses and had an eye colour of greenish-hazel and a bit of red and had light brown hair. Eva introduced me to her. Her name was Emma De Beer. Eva knew Emma for a very long time. They knew each other since primary school so they were practically besties. It kind of made me want to throw up but then I thought I was being a bit mean.

I thought to myself with Emma in the way, I would be the third wheel and I would never get to talk to Eva. This had to stop if i wanted Eva to be "MY" best friend!