Chapter 8

James's POV

It was quiet for a while as we walked, until Riley spoke up. "What's wrong? You're not usually quiet." She said to me, causing me to look at her. I sighed.
"You know princes, and millionaires, and billionaires, and the highest class person I know is you, and heres Alfie fitting in perfectly with everything, and he's a prince. How do I compete with that?" I asked her. She stopped walking, and turned so that she was standing in front of me. She grabbed my shoulders, looking into my eyes as she spoke.
"You're my date, not Alfie. There is no competition." She said to me with a straight face. I sighed again, not breaking eye contact.
"It's just hard. I don't feel like I fit in with all the rich sophisticated people here." I told her, placing my hands on her cheeks. She never looked away from me, didn't even hesitate to respond.
"That's why I like you. There's hundreds of Alfies here, just wandering around. There's only one you." She responded, sliding her hands behind my neck and lacing her fingers together. I stared at her for another second, before our lips met for the second time today. We kissed slowly as I moved my hands to Riley's waist, pulling her closer. We continued to kiss for a while, blocking out anything else around us. When we finally did pull away, we kept our foreheads together, breathing heavily.
"I bet Alfie can't kiss you like that." I whispered, causing her to roll her eyes. She pressed onto her tiptoes, pecking my lips once more, before returning to flat feet, and pulling away from me.
"We should get back to the party." She said, noticing we were away from everyone else.
"Or we can find that treehouse again." I suggested, smirking. Riley rolled her eyes once again, obviously unamused.
"You kidding? The mattress up there sucks, it messed my back up." She said to me.
"How do you know it was the mattress?" I asked, smirking still.
"Shut up!" She said annoyed, playfully hitting my arm. I chuckled to myself, she was cute when she got mad. "Maybe though, if we get there without distractions, I'll show you my room." Riley said, biting her lip teasingly. I smirked at her, leaning slightly closer.
"Sounds perfect." I answered. I grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers, as we walked calmly, despite my brain needing to get to Riley's room as fast as possible, back to the rest of the party. We walked past everyone, heading inside the house to enter a large living room.

It was empty, seeing as everyone was outside

It was empty, seeing as everyone was outside. We continued walking into the front hallway I'd been in a week ago, before Riley lead me up the staircase and along a hallway.

We walked past about 5 or 6 doors, before Riley finally opened one

She stepped inside, moving so I could follow

She stepped inside, moving so I could follow. It was huge, bigger than my parents room. I must've been staring for a while, because Riley giggled.
"Are you gonna just stare all day? Because if so, I'll go back to the party." She said.
"Sorry." I responded, turning to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her as close to me as possible. Her arms reached up, wrapping around my neck as our lips connected. This kiss was different from the others we've shared. Before they were slow, soft, sweet, passionate. But this one was harder, rough, intense. It was amazing. We kissed for a couple minutes, before Riley pulled away slightly, breathing heavily.
"Tell. Me. To. Stop." She gasped, out of breath.
"Why would I?" I whispered, connecting our lips again. I pulled away, trailing kisses to her neck. Her breathing got even heavier as I kissed and nuzzled her neck. Our lips found each other's again, and I backed her into the bed, before slowly pushing her down, crawling on top.