Chapter 18

Riley's POV

I sighed, scrolling through all the missed calls and texts from my mother and father. I was sitting in Hidalgos, because after storming out of my house, I had no where else to go. I sipped my juice, trying to think of ways to reduce my boredom, when I heard a familiar voice. "Riley?" James asked. I turned, surprised to see him. He was supposed to be in rehearsal right now.
"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be upstairs?" I asked him.
"I quit." He answered. My eyes widened. James loves dance, why would he quit?
"You love dance, more than anything else in the world, I-" I started, but he cut me off.
"You're wrong." He answered. "There's 2 things I love more. You, and our baby." I felt my heart melt as he said that, and stood up, wrapping my arms around him.
"You didn't have to quit for me you know." I mumbled into his chest.
"I did. I have to support us somehow, and dance would only take up money that we'll need for the baby." He responded. "I love you, and I would do anything for you and the baby."
"I love you too." I replied, muffled because I was speaking into his chest. I felt him kiss the top of my head softly, letting his lips linger for a second. I sighed, wishing this moment could last forever.
"Baby, why don't I drove you home, and I can get to know your parents." James suggested. I shook my head.
"Bad idea." I answered. Why did he have to bring it up?
"Why?" He asked confusedly.
"They're telling me to get an abortion. They don't think you're a suitable father, they're basically telling me to have a kid with Alfie instead." I explained. What is my patents problem?

Kate's POV

I walked out of my office to address the team. "Uh, guys. Can I have your attention?" I called. The conversations came to a stop, and everyone looked at me expectantly. "James has quit A troupe, so we need to find him a replacement." I said.
"What? Why?" Eldon asked.
"Uh, well..." I trailed off, not sure how to put it.
"I'm having a kid." I heard from behind me. I turned to see James standing there. "I came to say bye, and to grab my last few things." He added.
"Hold on, back up, you're having a child?!" Giselle asked. It was nice to see her taking charge, seeing as she is the dance captain, but in this situation, maybe not the best idea.
"Well, I'm not. My girlfriend is. And I'm gonna support her, which means getting a real job so that I can pay for a home and for food and everything else we'll need." He explained.
"Bro, why didn't you tell me?" Eldon asked, offended.
"Because I found out like yesterday." James replied. He moved to his cubby, and grabbed the last of his things, placing them in his bag and turning, getting ready to leave the studio. I sighed. All this potential, it's sad to see it go. Wait a minute, it doesn't have to leave.
"James!" I called. He turned to look at me, slightly confused.
"How would you like a job as choreographer at the studio?" I asked. He smiled.
"I'd love it." He responded.