Chapter 14

The Billionaire's Assistant

Chapter 14

Alicia's POV

The flashes of cameras was the first thing I saw as I exited the car. My arm was interlocked with Andrew's as we walked down the gold carpet. I really hope they are not thinking that we are together. That's just way too much drama for me to handle. I kept my head down and used my hair to hide my face. I focused on walking down the carpet without tripping on my dress. That would be humiliating.

Eventually we got inside and it looked gorgeous. The blue and gold looked beautiful together. Andrew withdrew his hand from me and walked away without saying anything. Well that was rude. I headed to the kitchen to see how the chefs and waiters were doing. As I walked in I was hit with the heavenly scent of food. Oh sweet holy mother  Mary of baby Jesus. I walked around and everything seemed to be in check.

I walked out and observed how the refreshment table was set. When I saw the chocolate fountain I almost fainted. Chocolate is my weakness. I mean who doesn't like chocolate. I resisted the urge to put my tongue under it and walked away. I walked to one of the tables and sat down. I pulled out my phone and saw a text message from Kevin. He can be so annoying sometimes but I love him.

While I was replying to the text message, I saw a shadow next to me. I looked up from my phone and saw the guy that bumped into me on the street. He was wearing a navy blue suit and his hair was tossled in a good way. He looked down on me and smirked. "Hello gorgeous," said the man whose name I don't know.

"Hi?" I said more like a question than a statement. I wasn't sure how to react to this but he doesn't seem crazy so let's see how this goes. "May I ask what your name is?" Stranger said. "Its Alicia and your name is?" He smirked even wider when I asked his name. Okay then. "My name is Ashton. Ashton Charles." Wow, nice name. "Thanks," he said. I said it out loud like a fool. I mentally face palmed myself and stood up from my seat. I placed my phone back in my clutch and placed it on the table.

"Do you want to dance with me?" Ashton asked. I nodded and he led me onto the dancefloor. There were already people dancing like old couples and some middle aged ones. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran was playing and we fell into a slow waltz. The song came to an end and there was an applause. "We will now be starting so please be seated," said a feminine voice. I walked back to my table and had a seat with Ashton right next to me.

The greeting dragged on at a painfully slow pace and it was killing me. Eventually they announced for Mr. James to go and gpdo his speech. I didn't really listen to anything he said but I saw his mouth moving and that was it. They finished all the boring talk and now they were bringing food. Yay! I tried to eat as fancy as possible because I didn't want anyone giving me any nasty looks. After everyone finished eating they resumed the music and people started to walk around and mingle.

I took a glass of champagne from a tray of a passing waiter and sat by the bar. I haven't seen Mikey for the entire night, I wonder where he could be. Closer by Halsey ft The Chainsmokers came on and I started humming to it while sipping on my champagne. I felt eyes on me so I started looking around and I locked eyes with Andrew. This is some serious deja vu. We stared at each other until Ashton came and stood in front of me. "Do you want to go for a walk and get some fresh air," he asked. I nodded because I really needed some.

We walked out through the door and came into view of the garden. We walked in silence as the cool air brushed against our skin. So I can't be in silence for too long, so I was the first to break it. "So where do you work?" I asked trying to be friendly. He let out a deep sigh and said,"Charles Inc." I think that's another one of those publishing companies.

"Wow. So what position do you have?" He stopped walking and just stood there. The wind was blowing his hair and his hands were in his pockets. He looked like a supermodel. "I'm the CEO but enough about me. What about you?" He said trying to change the topic off of him. "I work at James Cooperation as the PA to the CEO," I said scowling. He looked at my face and saw the expression on it. "What, don't like the job?" He asked laughing. I was stuck on whether to say yes or no but I settled for a maybe.

I don't how long we were out there but when we went back in people were already leaving. Ashton walked me to the table to collect my clutch. "Bye Ashton. It was great hanging out with you. You're not as grumpy as other CEOs," I said smiling. He laughed and said,"It was nice hanging out with you too. Maybe we can do it again some time if you give me your number." He took out his phone and I put in my number. He was going to kiss me on the cheek but at the same time I was going to do it also.

So instead of kissing the other's cheek, we kissed each other. I pulled away and blushed. "Sorry," I said ashamed. I can't believe that just happened. "It's okay," he said reassuringly. He walked away and turned back to wave. I waved back and took out my phone to call Kevin. He answered and I told him to come pick me up because the event was over. I texted him the address and was about to walk out but was stopped by someone grabbing my wrist.

I turned and saw Andrew watching me with dark eyes. What the hell is his problem. "So are you going to keep kissing guys you barely know?" He said harshly. I flinched but quickly recovered. "For your information Mr. James it was an accident. Why don't you study the whores that you have and not my personal life," I said venomously. I only had that act up on the outside, but on the inside I was broken. Why is it every time in have a conversation with him its always a stupid argument.

I walked out and saw Kevin now pulling up. I hopped in the car and we begun our journey home. I stared out the window and said nothing. When we got home I changed and curled into a ball and let out soft sobs. I don't know why this keeps happening to me. He is the only reason I have cried for the past week. Why did my life hate me so much.

♈♉♊♋♌♍♎♏♐♑♒

Well here's the chapter that you all must've been waiting on.... Or not.

I know I took forever but I did it.

Don't you all think Andrew's being a serious douche...

I'm ashamed..

Anyways read and enjoy

♎Dreambaby23♎