Chapter 18

The Billionaire's Assistant
Chapter 18

Alicia's POV

The guilt was covering me like a thick blanket. I have this weird thing I do when I feel guilty and that is chewing on my hair. It's gross, I know. Seeing Andrew's eyes zone in on me made me realize he knew I committed the crime. Since my hair was in a bun I couldn't put it on my mouth. God damn it!

The silence in the room was broken by Andrew's deep voice. "Michael, you can leave," said Andrew as he stared at me. Michael sighed in relief as he left the office without wishing me luck. I officially hate you Michael. Since Andrew and I were the only persons in the room the tension between us was strong.

"So Ms. Stevens, I think you know why you're here," Andrew said in a playful tone. Well that's a first. I nodded both yes and no making my head go round in a circle. I'm pretty sure I looked crazy. "Unsure, are we?" He asked while walking around the desk. I swallowed loudly when I saw the glint in his eyes. Oh man, I'm screwed.

He started walking towards me slowly which made me, by instinct, move backwards. I eventually hit the door, and now trapped between it and Andrew. One of his hands is placed on the wall by my head, while the other one reaches to lock the door. At the sound of the click, my nervousness kicked in.

The last time I was trapped it was by him. At the thought of my past, I feel a panic attack arising. I tried my best to fight it down. I looked into those stormy grey eyes and felt a blanket of safety cover me. His eyes glanced from mine to my lips as he said,"I think you ate my chocolate Alicia." The way my name rolled off his tongue sent a shiver down my spine. Why does this feel like deja vu.

"I.. I don't know what you are talking about," I stuttered. A smirk came across his lips and that glint reappeared in his eyes again. He ran his finger along my jaw and then slowly lifted my head. So many thoughts ran through my mind, it was like a marathon in there. His head leaned closer and closer, inch by inch until he was one centimeter away from my lips. My conscience was screaming, If this sexy beast kisses us, I'm going to explode. Just in time, he closed the space between us and our lips entwined. At first I didn't move but the feel of his soft lips made everything in me move. The kiss was so blissful and magical.

When we broke apart, I didn't want to open my eyes because I wanted the moment to last. I felt the warmth of his body disappear and I suddenly felt cold. The memories of being in that room came back and I felt the panic attack coming on. Think of the good times Alicia, focus. The memories of my mom and I at the park made me feel at peace. I open my eyes and saw Andrew staring at me with a blank face.

I felt uncomfortable under his stare, so I placed my hands behind me to find the lock. When I found it, I turned it slowly while saying," I'm gonna go but I'll buy you another one." I dashed out the door and back into my office. I looked at the time and saw I still have five minutes of work remaining. I finished off the document I was working on and shut down my computer. I put my phone and my notebook in my bag and reorganized my desk to look neat. Can't be looking like a slob, if you know what I mean. I picked up my bag and walked towards the elevator.

I stood outside the building waiting on Kelly to pick me up. After fifteen minutes had passed, my feet began to hurt from standing so long. I called her but she didn't pick up. What in the world could she be doing? I called multiple times after and got no response. If I wasn't wearing a dress, I would've sat on the stairs, but I'm also a clean freak so it wouldn't have happened anyways. I called Michael and asked him if he was still in work. To my luck, he said yes. I told him that I'm coming to his office now.