Chapter 19

The Billionaire's Assistant

Chapter 19

Alicia's POV

I stirred in my sleep and rolled over while swinging my hand. A groan from beside me told me that I wasn't alone. I opened my eyes and saw Kelly holding her boob while groaning. Oh man, I feel bad, but who told her to lay there. I sat up and realised that I was in Kelly's room. We must've fallen asleep watching television. "Why did you hit me in the boob?" Kelly sniffed. I looked over at the clock on her bedside table and looked at the time.

6:15 am

It's still early. This is the first time I've woken up this early. I turned to Kelly who was scowling at me with a slight pout. Aw she's so cute. "I'm sorry babe," I told her as I kissed her forehead. upon doing so, I realised her fever has gone down a bit.  I pointed it out to her and her scowl disappeared. The sudden urge to pee took over as I rushed into Kelly's bathroom and relieved myself. I washed my hands and face then returned to the bed. I watched Kelly as she lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. "Why didn't you call and say that you were sick? I was worried out of my mind when you didn't come or picked up your phone," I said softly, not wanting to shout this early.

She turned her and watched me in the eye. "I didn't think that I would've gotten sick. I was perfectly fine in the morning and then around lunch I started feeling dizzy so Michelle brought me home," she shrugged and continued. "The next thing I know I'm burning up, my nose got extremely stuffy and my head was pounding. I haven't touched my phone since yesterday morning," she finished and i nodded my head in understanding. I laid next to her and snuggled into her side. "I'm sorry this happened to you, but you got Mikey and I really worried," I said causing a small smile to appear on her lips. 

"Michael was worried?" she asked curiously but I could sense the smile in her words. I nodded my head and we just laid there in silence. After a while, I decided to get up and make breakfast. I made an omelet for Kelly and I, with coffee and buttered toast. The boys can make something for themselves. I called out Kelly and we ate breakfast and talked nonstop. 

After we finished eating, I did my morning routine and got dressed for work.

I told Kelly that I would leave work to bring her medicine for her. I grabbed my purse and phone and left to work. After fifteen minutes, I arrived in the parking lot of the building. Taking the elevator up to the break room, I got a coffee for Mr. James. Arriving at my floor, I knocked on his door but got no answer. I knocked multiple times after still receiving no reply. I pushed the door slowly only to be met with an empty office.

I glanced at the clock on the wall to see the time read 7:45. I'm pretty early, I thought to myself. I placed the coffee on his table and went to my office. I started my computer and went through the emails I may have gotten overnight. I scheduled the meeting requests to fit Mr. James' calendar and by the time I was finish, it was about 8:30. We had a meeting in one hour but it was at a different company which was a thirty minute drive.