Chapter 02 - Visit (Editted)

Chapter 02 | Mahmood | POV

"Mahmood! Come quickly."Abdullah calls from the stairs.

"I'll be there within a minute!"I say to my brother-in-law. "Quick!"He warns and I nod my head, placing my left foot in my left shoe.

"What took you so long? Come on. Everyone's been waiting for you."He walks away and I follow him towards the family's car.

"You're so slow, uncle!"Yahya shouts out.
"I'm sorry kid."I smile and he shuffles his seat on my lap. He glances up at me with a warm smile and I sometimes imagine that the kid is my own kid.

Ummi and Abi had forced me to come to one of their best mates' house, for a visit. I am not sure why, but I have a bad feeling about this very visit. Not being a pessimist, but that is the reality, currently.

"Assalamualaikum.."Ummi knocks on the door thrice, before eventually, a woman opens the door. "Halimah!"Ummi pulls her in a hug and I stand there awkwardly, not knowing exactly what to do. Don't blame me though! I had just came back from England a month ago, which I decided to cut off my university because of the unfriendly environment, as well as the bad influence. Alhamdulillah, I've gotten a job in the nearby book publisher company.

"Salam.."A man comes and we shake our hands, like usual. To be honest, I am bore to be here, but that thought is easily sweep off, when the same niqabi walked down the stairs. My eyes are as if to bulge out of its sockets, but I'm quick to stare at my shoes, lowering my gaze before I can stare at her any further.

"Assalamualaikum.."Her voice speaks gently to my family, including me. I turn away, trying to start a conversation with the previous brother that I shake my hand with.

"Is that your sister?"I ask at him, hopefully it is a good start. I really suck at starting a conversation. Wallahi!

"Yeah, she is. Why?"He asks back. I shake my head with a smile.

"No, uh. Just asking."I reply nervously and he forms an O with a smile.

"Don't worry, I'm not a protective brother. So don't get afraid of me."He jokes and I can't help but chuckle at him.

"How old is she?"I question again and he raises his brow at me. "No, I mean... like, I just want to know."I scratch the back of my neck.

"She's eighteen. Anyways... what's your name? Sorry, we haven't introduce ourselves."I smile.

"Oh yeah, my name's Mahmood Abdul Malik. Just call me Mahmood."I speak.

"I see.."He scratches his chin in pause. "Well, I'm Ibraheem Al - Farooq."He introduces himself politely. Ya Allah..

"What's her name?"I can not stop the questions from blurting out.

"Aisha. Aisha Nur Aliyah."Aisha.. I thought. Astaghfirullah.. Forgive me, Ya Allah!

Aisha | POV

That moment when you have guests and the most of them are boys. I mean, not that I really care, but the guy with the short quiff seems to pierce into my soul, like he's staring! I don't care if he does, because I am fully veiled, but that's just too creepy! I am afraid if a lust will grow inside him and you know what happens next. It scares me to think what can possibly happen next. Why am I thinking negatively anyways?

Oh Allah, I am poison by my own thoughts! No..

"Aisha!"Umm scolds.

"Hah?"I bluntly reply.

"You are day-dreaming, dear. We have been asking you a question for several times."My expression changes automatically into a lost ones.

"What is it?"I quiz.

"We are asking,whether or not, you want to help us."Umm's friend speaks up.

"Help? Like what? As long as I can, In Sha Allah I will."I truthfully speak.

"We want you to help us to guide Mahmood back."I almost choke.

"M-mahmood? Who is he? Sorry."Unbelievable! What are they thinking about me? Please don't tell that Mahmood is the guy in front of me, I plead.

"Mahmood is my son, the one in front of us."She replies, whispering. I shake my head in disapproval, but Ummi gives me a death glare that is only used when she wants me to do something, forcibly!

"I don't know if I can, but In Sha Allah, I will try. But how?"I question stress-fully.

"You have to find out about it, dear.."Umm cooed. I nod my head with a sigh. I hope Allah will help me, to help him.

"But please, don't break his heart."I stare at the woman dumbfounded.

"What do you mean?"

"I want you to help him, by getting married with him, and love him dearly. Not only for the sake for helping us."My eyes get wide, to the point until I can't open it further more.

"Married?"I whisper/shout. They both nod.

"Ummi. I'm still 18! How can I marry him? I want to do my medical study too!"I stubbornly say.

"You can study after marriage too."Ummi's friend suggests.

"But.."Before I can continue my words, Ummi talks.

"We will give you time to handle this situation. You're just shock. Hopefully, you will decide the best, and whatsoever the best is, we will accept."I sigh and excuse myself to my room.

Throwing my hijab and niqab on the chair, I lay on my bed while crossing my arms. What should I do? I know that marriage is also one of the things that is highly recommended by the Prophet (PBUH), but that doesn't mean I should get married at this age. At least, give me time till graduation, which is two months later...?

But what will I also get if I continue my medical study, and reject the golden opportunity? I know that study is important as well, but marriage is too. After all, everyone should get married with the person that Allah had chosen, right? Right.

Moreover, no one has ever come to my family to ask for my help, specially with marriage. This might, or might not, be my fate,

my first and last love...

(Salam! How are you guys? I know this chapter is short, mostly because I'm planning a bit chat in the next chapter between the two 'MAisha' :3 Have a nice day, May Allah bless you all, always.. Wassalam!)