Chapter 25 - Revival

Chapter 25 | Mahmood POV

The feeling of smoothness on top of my hand wakes me up. I open my eyes to see a hand, on top of mines.

"Aisha?"My eyes burn at the sight of her hand, soothing my hand. My eyes travel at her pale face. Unlike the other times, this time, her eyes are open. Her mouth shuts and opens every time. I know she wants to talk, but she can't. I take the only piece of paper from beside the table and a pen, and give it to her.

"My love, write what you want to say."Her hands begin to move slowly, but continuously. The blank paper is fill with her messy yet readable handwriting. She gives back to me the paper.

Mahmood,
     Indeed, everyone have to leave this world someday. I miss everyone a lot, just like you miss me. But I don't know how long I can survive, before Allah calls me back. For the last time, I want to see our kids. Alisha and Aliyha. Please...

The tears are unbearable to hold. I squeeze her hand for one last time, "Aisha. I will be back to bring them. Just please! Please stay awake and strong for us, even if it's for a while."She nods her head vaguely.

I run out of the room, to the waiting area to call the family. "Abi, ummi, everyone. She's awake!"I announce as loud as I can, but possible slower than to make a noise in the middle of the night.

They all stand up with weak smiles on their face. Before I run back to the room, I take Alisha and Aliyha from the baby care.

"Aisha..."They all gather around her bed. The twins are sleeping, but there's a mysterious smile, hiding on their faces.

"A-alisha. A-a-aliy-h-ha."Aisha says in stutter, but clear enough for everyone to hear her. It isn't only the family who have gather around. The doctors and nurses as well.

I place the kids in between her either side. Her hands move up to their cheeks, caressing the both of them. The kids smile grow prominent, even though they are sleeping.

"Subhan Allah.."Fall from the lips of the people around. Aisha gestures to me again, asking for paper and pen.

"Mahmood, what will she write?"I shrug my body at Ibraheem.

"M-mahmood. I-"I walk towards her and place my ear near her mouth.

"I-i love y-y-ou l-lilla-a-ahi ta-a'la."My eyes water and I can't help but bring her body to mines. Her hands goes to my back to caress, soothing me down.

"Wallahi Aisha. By the name of Allah, a thousand perfect women can never make me love them as much as I love you. Lillaahi Ta'ala. I will always love you, as I always said. And if you have to go, then go. Don't reject the time that has come. Maybe Heaven needs an Angel. Allah misses you, and I will miss you more, love."A tear escapes her eye. Her mouth pulls up to form a beautiful smile that I always want to see.

"T-t-take care o-of A-alisha and A-aliyha. Um-mi, A-abb-bi, ev-ver-ryone, I'm s-s-sorry for e-e-verything. D-don't forget m-me i-in y-your p-pray-yers. I w-will miss y-you all. And I l-l-love you."Her breathe rag in difficulty as she stutters in between the words.

Her mouth opens up to say something. I whisper in her ear, "Ash-hadu An laa Illaha"She repeats it carefully.

"Illallah Wa Ash-hadu anna Muhammadar Rasuulullah."She repeats it again with me, before saying.

"Allaahu Akbar."She whispers, before finally closing her eyes.

"Inna lillaahi wa inna ilaihi roji'un."I hold back the tears.

"Mahmood, who will bathe the body?"I think back to the times when we (Aisha and I) discuss about death. We promise to each other that if she dies first, then I shall bathe her body, and vice versa.