Chapter 10 - Final Exam (Editted)

Chapter | 10 | Aisha | POV

That disappointing moment when you've learned a whole subject for exam, but as a result, you only remember half of the subject, and it's vaguely. Yes, that's exactly what's happening to me right now. Believe it or not, I haven't sleep yet, since 2 a.m, right after I prayed Salatul Tahajjud.

"Assalamu'alaikum warrahmatullahi wabarakaatu. Assalamu'alaikum warrahmatullahi wabarakaatu."Mahmood announces, as he ends the fajr prayer. The distance from our house to masjid is pretty vast, so as Mahmood decides, he told that praying jama'ah in house with us, ourselves is better. It makes me feel happy that he actually said our 'little family' instead of ourselves. I have rarely listen to a man saying that way to his wife, but nonetheless, Mahmood did.

I stand up and take the Qur'an from the shelf and begin to recite the holy verses, from where I've last ended the recitation. In the middle of the last ayah of Surah At-Taubah, Mahmood scoots closer and lays his head on my lap, silently listening.

"Sodaqollahul Adzim..."I end the recitation, before placing a soft kiss on top of the Qur'an and places it on the table beside me. He glances up and says,

"I've dreamt of you before I met you."I raise my brow at him, laughing at him. He's joking, seriously?

"I'm serious! I mean, the dream consists of you. You were reading the Qur'an in Masjid and I was amused, totally, by your voice. But then, all of a sudden, a man came up to you and kissed your forehead."I blink, thinking whether he's actually sleep-talking or he's awake.

"You're joking, right?"I chuckle.

"No! Why would I?"He stares at me, and I shrug doubtfully. Without me, myself asking him to continue the dream, he continues it anyways. I patiently listen to him, as he keeps on going on and on about weird dreams that he has had before.

"Can I study for my last examination now?"I question as he stops.

"Yeah. Why didn't you told me before that you have your last test?"I shrug, while he sighs.

I stand up and head towards the other room where Mahmood kept my school stuffs there. I hastily take the book from my bag, not bothering to pick up the books that fall, since it's already 5 am and there's like half an hour for me to revise the whole two notebooks.

"I'm going to the kitchen."I say to Mahmood and sprint downstairs to the kitchen, taking out a little bottle of Nada chocolate milk, and an Oreo. I start from the first copy, first chapter, to the twenty fifth chapter, from the second copy.

Revising the two whole copies for almost an hour makes me feel like spinning around a shiny white room for seven whole times. I throw the wrappers away and head back upstairs, placing the book back on the shelf. Walking back to our bedroom, I find Mahmood fast asleep on the chair, his head lays on top of the PC table. I want to wake him up and tell him to sleep on the bed, but instead, I do the opposite.

I'm about to walk towards the closet, when a black envelope prominently comes in my sight. I can't help but follow what my curiosity says. I walk towards it and take it slowly from his arms. When I'm about to open it, he moves and his eyes flutter open.

"Sha? What are you doing?"I jump a little, startle by his deep voice. My curiosity always makes me get burn out. And now I know I can't lie because of two reasons. Number one: I suck at lying, number two: He will surely know about it, eventually.

"Urm.. I want to know about it."I sigh, not wanting to lie to him about anything. My fingers start to shake nervously, afraid if he would get furious over me.

"Sha... I was about to show you that, once you're back from school. I don't want you to stress over it."He explains. I nod my head and give the letter back to him.

"Okay..."I say in a low tone. I turn around, back to take my clothes in the closet, when Mahmood catches my wrist and spin me around to face him.

"Don't be sad."He swiftly gives a soft kiss on my forehead, before turning his heels out of the room. I can feel my pulse accelerating to his touch.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I do love him, don't I? Before I can answer it to myself, Mahmood's voice approach my ears.

"Sha! Don't order anything from any fast food, I'll make you breakfast."He yells. How does he knows that I usually order breakfast from Mc Donald?

I quickly rush down the stairs with my abaya practically mopping the tiles. I sprint to the kitchen and place the breakfast in a tupperware, instead of eating it. I find Mahmood sitting in the corner of the room, staring at no other but the wall. I silently approach him and tap his shoulder.

"I'm going to school, Jazakallahu khairan for making me these! I never know you cook well."I practically shove the tupperware in front of his face. He chuckles, like usual.

"It's fine. Let me change my clothes eh?"I raise a brow. As if to say why, Mahmood answers, "I want to walk you to school. I can right?"My mouth forms an O.

"Definitely. No need to ask."I smile. He sprints back upstairs and comes back down with everything black. Black jeans, black tee, black leather jacket. I gulp nervously, hoping that I won't scream at him for being so heart-throbbing.

"Let's go."He coos, taking my hand in his, leading me towards the door and locks it behind. The whole way to school is fill with awkward tension. None of us dare to speak a single word.

Until eventually, we arrive at school and I can see all of the people, especially girls, staring at him from head to toe. Seriously?

"So.. Bye, I guess."That's it? That's it? I think I'm expecting a lot. Mkay. I turn around from him to walk away, but he stops me.

"I..."He trails off. I raise a brow at him curiously. Come on! Say out. I swear I'm expecting things a lot lately and it's so unusual.

"Nevermind.."I can feel like tearing my heart right now. I mean, I'm never a fan of public romanticism, but once in a lifetime, I can expect so, right? Especially expecting it from my own husband. There's surely no wrong in expecting so.

"Mkay."I say with a clear disappointment tone. Just when I think he would go, he doesn't. Instead, he pulls me and my niqab up (a bit) and peck my lips, making me go red as he laughs triumphantly at me, causing a whole bunch of girls to laugh at me as well.

"Annoying!"I punch his arm as a joke.

"Whatever.. Have a blessed test anyways. Hope you'll have it done succesfully."I nod at him, thanking him slowly.

"Don't forget to make do'a before you start the papers."I nod my head once again.

"Yes, mother."I tease with a grin and he chuckles at me in reply.

"Okay... Well ma'asallama. Assalamu'alaikum."I reply with a Wa'alaikumsalam and he walks away with a last smile. I sigh and inhale deeply before entering the school with stares from people. Today, is the day I start the school with my new status. Knowing that when I get back home, I won't be lonely anymore and I won't feel bored because Mahmood will be there and I can tease him and he's going to tease back until we laugh till death. That's just the typical him. The funny guy, that actually has a lot of rare problems that can somehow take his life away at any moment. If I can be a Fairy mother, ones who complete the wishes of an individual, I would love to help him and fight all of his enemies away.

But sadly, I'm not a Fairy mother. The bitter truth...

(Salam! I'm so sorryy for updating late, and for this crap chapter. xD In Sha Allah, next chapter will contain a truth about Mahmood's past. We know some of his problems in the past, but the vast problem will be in next chappie, in sha Allah. Well, have a nice day, see you later! Salam.)