Chapter 14 - Weird crave | He again?

Chapter | 14 | Mahmood | POV

"Mahmood. Wake up!"I hear someone yells at my ear. I grunt at the person, shoving my face on the pillow.

"Uh Mahmood!"I open my eyes to see no other than Aisha. Honestly, it's like 2 in the morning, what does she want?

"What?"I ask sleepily. "It's time for tahajjud."She crosses her arms. She's always on time for all the prayers, and I can't help but smile at her.

"Thank you for waking me up."I kiss the top of her forehead before going out of bed and to the bathroom to perform Wudhu' (Ablution).

Whilst she prepares the praying mats for the both of us, I lean over the bathroom door, staring at her like there's no tomorrow. I simply realise how childish she can be sometimes, but most of the times she's just the ideal wife.

"Ya Allah Mahmood! It's 2:30, adzan Fajr is coming up. Cmon!"She practically drags me to the foremost praying mat and wears her praying dress.

"Allahu Akbar."I raise the both of my hands up to my ears and everything becomes a blur as I focus my attention to my Lord.

After offering the Salah, I walk back to bed to lay on there for a while, or it was to what I'm hoping for as Aisha jumps on the bed and asks for a young, green strawberry with chocolate syrup for topping.

"Doesn't it taste...sour?"I make a face at the thought of tasting young strawberries. It does taste sour, really sour sometimes.

"Yes...no, well I still want it. You should go and search for it."I raise a brow at her.

"Excuse me? It's four in the morning anyway. Which store is open at this very hour?"I tease. Instead of giving up, she takes her coat and set of niqab from the hanger. I know well about her.

"Okay... We'll go and search for it together, k?"A smile creep on her face and I sigh while standing up to take my coat and my wallet. I walk down the stairs with the thoughts of our baby's gender. I actually wonder if she/he will look most as I or Aisha. Either of it, I will love the baby with my whole heart.

I reach out for the car keys and lock the door behind us. The gloomy lights of the street makes me feel want to go back inside, remembering Aisha's condition currently and someone can just come out of the dark alley and Allah knows what type of persons they're. But that thought is easily sweep away when we enter the car.

After searching through almost the whole town, for strawberry early in the morning, Aisha finally surrenders and suggests that it'll be best to get back home since the adzan for Fajr has just been announce a few seconds ago.

Aisha | POV

Having a crave after salatul fajr isn't something I'm looking forward to today. Sure, I'm getting used to the cravings and I can handle it. But this time, I really want green strawberries with chocolate syrup for now. But considering the fact that today is Friday, weekend, I'm sure the stalls around won't be open until minimum, Seven O'clock.

After changing my position in bed for almost ten times, I surrender and walk down the stairs to serve myself with some choco-pops. I hope that helps my crave.

"Aisha?"I don't have to turn around to know who it is. We're living together and there's no one else here except us. Unless I have some problems with my hearing, or we have a problem with the ghaib(s) creatures here.

"Hmm?"I continue to eat my choco-pops while stroking my bump. Sometimes I still can't believe that I'll be a mother in two months. I wonder what will he/she call me? Mama? Ummi? or Mother? Any of them, I'll be definitely happy to be called as a mother.