Chapter 18 - Birth | Twins

Chapter 18 | Aisha POV

"Doctor, please help my wife and my child."I hear Mahmood's voice, as we approach the doctor. I'm now laying aimlessly on the bed medical stretcher, when the doctor announce that since I have an early delivery, and that, my age is still young, he insists on going forth on the caesarean delivery process. It somehow makes me afraid to think about all the possible things they will do just to take out the baby, but I understand what their intention are, and I honestly don't care at all. As long as my baby will be safe.

"Caesarean?"Mahmood gapes. The doctor nods his head sadly. I can feel my body going weaker, and honestly, I don't have that much energy to shout on Mahmood and say that I'm fine and just let me go and finish this delivery process.

"I'm sorry sir. This is the only right way."Mahmood gives in and the doctor finally pulls me up the room. Just before the operation, a nurse instructs me to change my clothes and I do what is being instructed. And right after changing my clothes and laying back on the bed, Mahmood's staying right in the corner with his face already soak in tears. Oh how I wish I can tell that I love him loads, for the sake of Allah. But the doctor quickly inserts an anesthetic injection. And the next thing I know, I'm completely unconscious throughout the whole process.

Mahmood | POV

Staring at her in the corner makes me actually feel so guilty. I wish I haven't cause the problem with Muhammad. She might still be carrying the baby around the house while we pray for Salatul fajr. But once again, Allah has probably made a good fate for the best of us.

Tears keeps on flowing down my face and I have no shame at all to cry in front of these doctors. I believe that she will pass this whole process, since she's a strong woman.

After more than half an hour, the doctor succeed to pull out the baby, and I swear I see a tear rolling down Aisha's cheek. I stand up from my current position, and begin to stare directly at the baby who's now crying, like every else baby.

"Sir, this is a miracle."I glance at the doctor, thinking what does he actually mean? Without answering my doubt, he continues his work with some other nurses and I begin to scratch my head, totally in doubt.

Then it strike me. I hear another voice of a baby's cry. The doctor smiles hugely at me while saying meekly, "It's a twin."Without waiting any longer, I raise my hand and try to remember the ninety nine names of Allah, while mumbling them in my heart. Alhamdulillah... The happiness is evident on my face. I never thought this day would be a cheerful day, rather than a sad, depressing day.

"Please follow."The nurse instructs and I do as what I'm demanded. Following the nurse to the baby section, the nurse gives the both of my angels to my arms, while she walks away to manage the administration.

"Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar.
Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar.
Ash-hadu An-laa Ila Ha Illallah.
Ash-hadu Anna Muhammadar Rasulullah.
Hayya A'las'solah.
Hayya A'las'solah.
Hayya Alal Falaah.
Hayya Alal Falaah.
Allahu Akbar.
Allahu Akbar.
Laa Ilaa Ha Illallah."I repeat the words of Adzaan to their ears, before placing both of the kids to the baby box bed and walk out to pay the administration and the baby's certificates.

After practically waiting for the both of mines and Aisha's parents for almost an hour, they finally arrive. "Mahmood! How is Aisha? Oh Allah.."Ummi Khadija asks panically.

"Calm Ummi. The doctor are trying to stabilise her condition."I soothe. Ummi Khadija just bursts in tears and sits down, while trying to control her emotion. "She will be fine, Mahmood. She's just shock."I nod my head at Ummi.

"Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar."The adzan reverberate on the hospital, silently. While repeating the words, I try to throw away the pessimistic feeling that neglects the heart.

"Mahmood, my son. Let us have this dzuhr prayer in jama'ah. Yalla (Let's go)."Abi encourages, slinging his arm around my shoulder. Wallahi, I'm not in a mood to debate, so I just agree to what I'm being told now.

...

Aisha | POV

Waking up after a whole depressing operation is something I'm not afraid of. But the side effects and feelings after I revive, is something I despise. I can fairly say that my abdominal section feels like being stabbed severly with a pointy object. But I'm grateful that Allah still allows me to wake up after a life-risky operation. And now, all I want to see is my kid. But this room seems uninhabited and I see no sign of lives here.

"Ugh.."I groan. A severe headache pinching my head. "Aisha?"I glance at the door that's now open widely.

"Where's my daughter?"My voice appears as a mere whisper. He smiles at me and walk in, closing the door behind him. "Praise be to Allah, Alhamdulillah they're healthy and fine. All thanks to the strong, beautiful mother."I smile sheepishly in reply.

"Stop it. You're being cheesy."I respond, causing him to chuckle. "How are you feeling?"

"Not great, but since our daughter is fine, I feel greater than before."He smiles. "It's daughters. Not daughter."It takes a while for me to absorb and understand his words. I swear I'm literally grinning from ear to ear right now.

"Wallahi? SubhanAllah..."Mahmood wraps his arm around me which I happily embrace.

"I love you..."Mahmood mumbles. I think that word is meant to be hear only by himself, but if I'm not mistaken, I hear it. He places a kiss on the top of my forehead, meekly.

Before I can reply, Ummi Humayra and my Ummi burst in the room and quickly attack me with hugs and kisses. "Ummi..."I cooed.

"Oh my! My daughter is a mother now."Ummi's face is in tears. "Ummi, all women will be a mother someday, somehow."I soothe her back.

"I'm so happy for you Aisha. I'm really happy."She smiles in tears, while kissing my forehead. "Yes habibti. We are very happy. Very much. We didn't thought that it will be twins. You made our dream alive."The both Ummi attacks me with a hug. I can't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks.

"It's all my pleasure as a woman, Ummi."I reply with a smile. I remember what my Islamic religion teacher used to tell me; "The best woman amongst women, are the ones that can continue the generation of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Indeed, a woman with more progeny, is a woman that In Sha Allah, will be one of the women of Paradise."

(Salaam! I know that I took very much time in writing this story, although it's short. Lol. I had to search about the birth process xD Honestly, while reading those process, I was totally shaken O.o We should be more thankful for a mother ^.^ I hope you enjoy this.

The reason I took much time was because of exams, which is in next week. So please be patient, since I have exams tomorrow. Excuse me if my updates will be late for the next two weeks. Wish me luck! xD I'm sorry if there are mistakes here, about the delivery, or anything. I have bad anxiety =\ so I'm really anxious aboit my examination. *More like depressed xD Thanks peeps, for still wanting to read this story, although it's like non-sense or it sucks behe :3

Have a nice day! May Allah bless you! Salaam~)