Chapter 11 - Past (Editted)

Chapter | 11 | Aisha | POV

Going back home after a long, hectic day feels so relieving! As wonderful as it sounds, I'm eating ice cream alone, like no one's really at home so I'm planning to eat this whole tub of chocolate ice cream and I won't even regret later on. If it fits in my stomach! As curious as I am, I wonder why Mahmood's isn't at home. I thought he has leave for this whole week?

Ping! My phone suddenly rings out and I hastily open it after putting on my password. Good to know that the message is from Mahmood, stating that he'll be out for a while. I shrug, replying with a simple 'Np :)'. I huff and place my phone on the counter, before starting to shove a spoon full of ice cream in my mouth.

After practically finishing half of it, I surrender. It's too huge I can't think of any other things to eat. As you see, even though I'm really a freak when it comes to food, there are times that I have to surrender. Sometimes Ummi has to give the food to my neighbours because I would eat all of the foods' lives out. Well, basically I still do it.

"I'm home!"Mahmood's familiar voice reaches my ears. Standing up, I grab my phone and walk up to him. "Salam.."He says, which I reply with a Wa'alaikumsalam.

"Habibti, you've eaten the chocolate ice cream, didn't you?"He smirks at me. I shake my head while blinking my eyes.

"HeHe, yes I did. How did you know?"He winks flirtatiously, causing me to give him a playful disgust glare.

"There are hidden cameras in each and every room of this house."I gape at him.

"Seriously? Even in bathroom?"Reflexively, my hand slaps my mouth.

"Yes."He winks, once again. Ladies and gentlemen, I represent to you, my flirty husband.

"Are you serious? Oh my. You're so ridiculous!"I say while my hand goes up to my forehead. If there are cameras in bathroom as well, that means..... Oh my Allah! This guy is really pervert, isn't he? As if he knows my mental question, he replies, "First, I am not a pervert. Second, it was a joke. There's a bit of chocolate near your mouth. Psshh, you're exaggerating."He rumbles my hair. I hate when people do that. I swiftly wipe away the corners of my mouth.

"I hope you're talking the truth."I intensely stare at him. He laughs at nothing and that just boosts up my mood - but then it strikes me; the black envelope. Should I ask, or should I ask? I will choose both.

"Urm, Mahmood?"I pick on my fingers.

"Yes?"He lifts up my chin, his eyes bore. I can feel his intense stare piercing through my skeleton.

"What's the black envelope about?"I finally spill out, causing him to move his hands away and he now has the rough facial expression. Different from the real Mahmood that I know. Before I can stop him from answering, he replies without seeing at my eyes.

"Are you sure you're ready to know about it?"I question him dumbfoundedly.

"What do you mean?"He stares at me sadly. His mood can change within a second, hmm new fact. Oh wait, I shouldn't focus on it right now.

"You will come to know soon. And if you will really give up on me, I don't blame you. I am a shattered glass. You can't fix me easily. Not even a thousand years Sha. I really have no idea why did you accepted my proposal. I just realised that I don't deserve you. You deserve someone better."I shake my head, my lips part away. How did he dare to say that he doesn't deserve me? Doesn't he know what I feel for him? Ya Allah, in this very situation, I want you to help him, for the sake of us. I silently pray.

"Stop! Don't say that again, ever! I will never give up on you, not in a million years! Trust me Mahmood. I am here because of Allah's will. He has created you someone to help you out of the mess. And that person is me. I'm here right now to help you with every possible ways I can. Even a shattered glass can somehow be fixed. You can, as well! You have to believe in yourself that you can go through everything. As Allah mentions, indeed, He loves those who endure patience. Hold on faith to Allah Mahmood. He will surely help his faithful servants."I say in a tone where I'm in the verge of tears. Instead of debating with me, he pulls me in a warm embrace. Just with this simple hug, I can tell that he's afraid of something. His heartbeat's accelerating abnormally. I can't do anything else, but hug him back and soothe him down by stroking his back as he cries on my shoulder, in the crook of my neck.