Chapter 6

Theon was shoved forward. They had put a sack over his head, which they ripped off his head violently. He found himself in another type of cell. He took notice that this time there was only a tiny grate in the floor, not nearly big enough to escape through. 

He couldn't stop staring at the wooden x in the room. He didn't want to be back up there.

He collapsed against the wall in the corner. 

They were going to torture Tara. Ramsay would probably make him watch as he beat her and did unspeakable things to her. All he would be able to do was sit there and try not to look. He wouldn't be able to save Tara and it was all his fault. He was felt helpless. 

He held his face in his hands and stared at the stone ground. Tears dripped from off his cheeks. He watched each one splatter on the stone floor. He killed Tara. It was his fault. It was all his fault.

Suddenly, the door opened. Theon looked over quickly to see Tara hit the ground. He immediately rushed to her side and picked her up. He looked up at the door to see Ramsay with two men behind him.

He was more focused on Tara and he looked at her beaten body. He picked up her face slightly so he could look at her. Her eyes were open, but she looked lifeless. Bruises and blood covered her face and body.

When Tara saw Theon she smiled slightly through the bruises. Theon was glad to see some life in her face and he smiled back.

"How tragic." Ramsay laughed.

"Now. I think you are in the wrong place." Theon looked up in horror at Ramsay's grin.

Theon tried to hold onto Tara as the two men pulled him away. He struggled as they pulled him up onto the x. He wanted to scream and yell, but that always made it worse. The men held his left foot onto the x. Theon tried desperately to pull it away, but he knew it would do nothing.

Ramsay started to walk up to him.

"This might hurt a bit." Ramsay said. Theon's foot already had a huge gash in it from before.

Theon pulled and tried so hard to move his foot away. Theon looked down to see Tara sitting up slightly. Tears streamed down her face. 'Don't look.' He mouthed to her and shook his head.

Right then, Ramsay started spinning the screw.

~

Theon opened his eyes slightly, but it wasn't because he was sleeping. The pain became too much and he slipped away. His vision came back into focus, even though Theon wished it hadn't. He looked down at his feet and at his blood covering the floor.

What was he supposed to do now? He wanted to die, but he didn't want to leave Tara. He tried to push this room and the pain out of his mind. He tried to think about something else. Instead he thought about the cave. He tried to remember how Tara felt as she rested on him, her soft hands on his face, and he tried to remember her voice.

Trust me Theon. I know many bad men. You aren't one.

Theon forgot where he was for a moment, but it ended quickly. He opened his eyes again and remembered the pain and the room.

He heard footsteps and saw Ramsay, the men, and Tara return. He hated to see Tara like this. This time Ramsay pushed her forward, but the men stayed behind at the outside of the door.

"If I remember correctly. I promised you something." Ramsay took a step closer to Theon. Theon's heart dropped to his stomach. He had a feeling as to what Ramsay was going to do.

He crinkled his nose up. "You reek." He paused for a moment and then smiled, "That's a great name for you. Reek."

Ramsay paused, "What's your name?"

"Theon Greyjoy." Theon said quietly.

Ramsay turned to Tara and picked her up by her hair. Theon immediately filled with anger. Ramsay hit her across the face hard and she fell to the ground. Theon looked at her body limp on the ground. Ramsay reached for her hair again.

"I'm Reek!" Theon yelled.

Ramsay let go of her hair and let her fall to the ground. Tara curled up into a ball once he released her.

"Please just don't hurt her. Please hurt me instead." Theon begged. Ramsay looked up from Tara and turned to Theon. A huge grin grew across his face.

"The problem is Reek, you don't care about what happens to yourself anymore. But you do care what happens to her." Ramsay walked up to him again.

"Besides. You did something very bad Reek, and we can't let bad behavior go unpunished." Ramsay smiled, "Can we?"

Ramsay walked back over to Tara. He picked her up slowly as he sat down on a chair.  He pulled her battered body into his lap. To Theon's surprise, Tara wasn't unconscious. Ramsay caressed her face, but Tara didn't resist. Her eyes stared at the ground. Theon couldn't bear to watch it, but he wouldn't dare close his eyes.

"Hey. I'm not going to hurt you." Ramsay said softly, "It'll be better for you if you cooperate."

Ramsay leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. She stared at the ground motionless. Theon shook in anger as he watched. He knew what Ramsay was plotting but he was completely powerless to stop it.

"Bend over." Ramsay spat. Tara didn't move. She looked up from the floor to look into Theon's eyes. Theon tried to find the Tara he knew in her beaten face, but she was unrecognizable. The only thing that was familiar was her eyes, her soft eyes. Through them, he could see utter fear all over her.

When she still didn't move, Ramsay grabbed her furiously and threw her against the table. He pushed her over the table.

Theon shook as he watched. He was powerless and hopeless. He had made a silent promise to himself and to Tara that he would protect her from awful men. Instead, he let the worst of men get to her. He had failed horribly and that was the hardest part for Theon. He had failed Tara and he saw her pain in her soft eyes.

Ramsay finally finished and then pushed her to the ground, laughing.

"I don't think she's done yet. Men bring her to the rest." Ramsay looked right at Theon, "Let every man enjoy her."

The men dragged her out and Ramsay followed behind. Theon started to sob once they had left. He would give his life for Tara to be free. He would do it in a second.