Chapter 26

Tara and Sansa stood in front of each other. They both had no idea if they would see each other ever again.

Tara stepped towards Sansa and gave her a hug. Sansa returned it.

"I won't forget what he did." Sansa said as they embraced, "For the both of us."

Tara knew Sansa was thinking about revenge. Maybe Sansa was even stronger than Tara herself. If Tara tried to think about revenge, she wouldn't be able to name all the men that had wronged her.

Regardless, Tara appreciated her words. She pulled away from Sansa and smiled. They both would miss having someone who understood.

"It was an honor meeting you all." Tara said.

"It was great meeting you as well." Sansa replied. Tara was happy to hear that. 

Tara tried to walk to the horse but stumbled over herself slightly. She wasn't close to be healed yet. In a moment's notice, Theon was next to Tara helping her stand. He helped her way over to the horse that they were gracious enough to spare for them. 

He stopped and looked over to Sansa. Tears were welling up in her eyes. Theon hugged her, sad to see her like this. He hated to leave but it's what he had to do.

They pulled away from the hug. Theon nodded towards Brienne and Pod and they returned it.

"Thank you for the horse," Theon said to Brienne and Pod.

"Maybe one day I will see you all again." Theon felt tears well up in his eyes as well. Sansa was a sister to him and after all they had been through, he didn't want to leave her. 

However, he turned and got on the horse in front of Tara. He grabbed the reins and was ready to leave. He hesitated as he knew that no one had any idea if they would ever see each other again. 

That was the worst kind of goodbye.

Nonetheless, Theon spurred the horse into motion.

~

It was late at night as Theon had finally finished setting up camp in the woods. The horse was tied to a tree and Theon had managed to start a fire. He had also rolled out a makeshift bed right next to the warmth.  The fire was the only light in the dark forest that surrounded them.

"I'm sorry I'm not able to help." Tara said. She was wrapped in blankets and coats right by the fire. She was holding her knees up to her chest to try and make herself warmer. Theon finished taking care of the horse and went up to Tara. He sat on the bed next to her. She cuddled up to him once he sat down.

"You did it for me." Theon said.

Tara smiled, "I guess that is true." They sat in silence for a moment. Theon studied Tara's face. It was only being illuminated by the warm glow of the fire. She was without a doubt beautiful.

"It's so cold." Tara said as she shivered from a gust of wind. Light snowflakes were falling around them and occasionally danced in the wind. Theon pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her in an attempt to warm her more. Tara pulled herself into his embrace.

"I feel safe." Tara said, "I can't remember the last time I did."

Theon turned to her and smiled. He gave her a light kiss on the cheek causing Tara to smile as well. 

Theon wanted badly to be able to agree with Tara but he could still feel it lingering. He felt like Ramsay's grin was watching his every move... 

~

Tara woke up with Theon surrounding her. He had made sure that Tara wasn't cold last night. She knew that he probably had to suffer the cold in order to spare her from it.

It was a bleak gray in the woods this early in the morning. Smoke only wisped from the fire from the previous night. Ashes were all that was left of it.

Tara started to wake some and she could feel Theon doing the same. She slowly sat up and stretched. She still bundled herself in the blankets. Theon looked up at her and smiled.

They both ate and then Theon was starting to pack up their things. Once again, Tara felt bad she couldn't help because of her wound in her leg.

"Where are we headed?" Tara asked. She didn't really care wherever they went as long as Theon was with her.

"West." Theon said as he packed up the blankets, "Once we reach the ocean we can find a ship that will take us all the way to Pyke."

"Is Pyke nice?" Tara said. Theon turned and looked at her.

"It's a beautiful place. I haven't been in a long while." Theon replied. He walked over so he could help her get to the horse. He helped pull her up to her feet all the way.

"Do you have siblings?" She asked.

"Yes, a sister, Yara." Theon said.

"I'm excited to meet her." Tara said. Theon was glad to hear her enthusiasm, but he couldn't help but think about what happened when Yara tried to save him. He knew that his sister probably was still unhappy about it. Men had died trying to save him, he knew that, but he couldn't have left Tara.

~

A/N

Thank you so so much for 1k reads and 100 votes! When I first posted this I honestly didn't think anybody would read it, but it makes me real happy to see people reading it and everything. I notice everyone who reads it and I'm super grateful :)