Chapter 35

Theon and Tara found Tyrion and Daenerys in the council room. This time they wouldn't have Yara but Theon felt less intimidated because he wouldn't have to stand at the bottom of the stairs while they stood at the top.

Tyrion and Daenerys were sitting at a table. Tyrion had a cup of something alcoholic and Daenerys was sitting up straight in her chair. The commander of the unsullied, Grey Worm, and Missandei were there too. They stood off to the side.

Theon and Tara entered the room and bowed their heads to Daenerys. Everyone's eyes focused on the pair. 

"What could we do for you?" Tyrion asked with sarcasm. He took a sip of his drink.

Theon looked up at Tyrion. He knew Tyrion disliked him as he definitely didn't try to hide it.

"What brings you here?" Daenerys said. She asked more sincerely than Tyrion.

"I know we are at a time of war, but I would like to ask of something." Theon started. He spoke calmly and smoothly.

"Go on." Daenerys said.

"I would like to have a wedding. It sounds ridiculous at a time like this, but I know there will be no time for marriage once we head to Westeros." Theon said. He hoped they would say yes.

"Maybe a wedding would be good luck before we left." Theon tried.

"Good luck?" Tyrion chuckled, "I have never seen luck come out of marriage."

Dany seemed to ignore Tyrion's remarks, "I'm guessing Tara here is the bride?"

"Yes. I meet her while I was a prisoner and she helped me escape." Theon replied.

Tara bowed her head to show respect. She could feel everyone's eyes on her now.

"We don't care about the particulars of the wedding because as you can see it is already unorthodox." Theon tried to convince them. Dany seemed to be in thought. She turned to look at Tyrion, almost for permission, and Tyrion answered by cheering to her slightly.

"A wedding sounds wonderful." She finally answered. Both Tara and Theon smiled at her positive response.

-

The wedding had become a celebration. Everyone was invited and there was a lot of food and drink. Apparently, the drinks had been Tyrion's doing.

Tara and Theon didn't really care who showed up or how they were to be married. They could have been married just the two of them and that would have been good with them. It was probably the most unorthodox wedding that anyone had been to. Tara and Theon didn't have any parents to be part of it, and there wasn't really a priest of any sort.

Since no one was really caring about tradition, Theon and Tara got ready together. They decided since they were both orphans that they would walk down together.

Tara stood on her toes as she helped straighten out Theon's clothes. Neither of them had been so dressed up in a very, very long time. Tara didn't think she had ever been dressed nicer.

Once she finished she went back down to her height. Theon smiled down at her.

"You look beautiful." Theon said. Tara blushed, "Thank you."

"And you look handsome." Tara laughed lightly.

Theon smiled, "Thank you."

Theon nodded, "Aren't you glad we don't have anyone who would say that we shouldn't be married?"

"What do you mean?" Tara asked.

"My father was a man of tradition." Theon started, "He's probably rolling in his grave while we walk down together and get married without a priest. And then I get married to a commoner for love."