Chapter 50

A/N

Welcome to Season 8! To let you guys know, I have been going back and revising this story a little. None of it is anything major. I wanted to rewrite it and make it flow better. Here are some of the changes I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about:

1. I didn't realize the amount of time that has passed, so I added more details to Tara's pregnancy. At this point, she is about 8 months pregnant. (estimated 1 month pregnant by beginning of season 7, season 7 is estimated to be about 7ish months long from some sources I read)

2. Tara no longer has a last name. When first writing this, I didn't know that commoners didn't have last names.

3. I expanded some of the conversations Tara has with Theon, Tyrion, and Sansa so she has more in depth relationships with other characters. The conversations aren't majorly different.

As always, thanks for reading!

-

Night was setting in at King's Landing. It had taken the Iron born a bit to get there, but they finally reached their destination. The waves were calm and the wind was silent this late at night. 

Suddenly, arrows pierced through the hearts of Euron's Iron born. Theon lowered his bow. His own Iron born had taken out all the men on deck without any problems. 

Theon immediately found his way to the lower deck. Yara was sure to be down there somewhere. At least, Theon hoped so. He didn't know what he would do if she wasn't. 

Without wasting any time, Theon threw an axe into a guards heart. The guard staggered for a moment before he fell backwards opening the door behind him. Yara was sure to be here. 

Theon walked to the open doorway and froze once he saw her. Her face was covered in grime and old cuts. They didn't say anything to each other. Theon still wasn't sure if she was happy or not to see him. 

He quickly untied her and helped her to stand on her own two feet. She staggered for a moment before she turned to face him. Theon thought she might finally say something to him but instead she head butted him forcefully to the ground. 

Theon hit the wooden planks of the ship hard. His head spun for a moment before Yara came back into view. She stared at him with her strong gaze. 

Then, she outstretched her hand to him. 

Theon hesitated for a moment before he reached for it. He stood to his feet. Yara and him shared a brief moment before Yara confidently turned and left. The siblings were finally back together. 

~

The next morning, their Iron born ship was back to sailing. Yara and Theon were aboard the deck. The wind flapped their sails above them. Theon was glad to have Yara back. Things felt more right again. 

"Euron can't defend the Iron Islands." Yara began as she overlooked the sea, "Not if he's in King's Landing with all of his men and ships."

"We can take our home back." Yara turned to Theon. 

"Daenerys went North." Theon said. 

"Daenerys will need somewhere to retreat if they can't hold the North." Yara said firmly, "Somewhere the dead can't go."

Theon took a few breaths before he responded, "You're my queen. I go where you command."

Yara turned completely towards Theon. She seemed to be studying his face. "You want to go to Winterfell. To fight for the Starks."

"Go."

The wind filled the silence between them. Theon didn't want to go but he also felt it was something he must do. 

"What is dead may never die." 

Theon turned to face his sister completely as well, "What is dead may never die."

Yara reached out her hand and pulled Theon into her as she wrapped her arm around him. Her head rested on his shoulder. They weren't sure when they would see each other again. 

"But kill the bastards anyway."