Chapter 14

"What were you doing so late?" Ramsay asked. He walked closer to Theon.

"I- I was teaching her to read, my lord." Theon said as he looked at the ground.

"To read?" Ramsay stopped in front of him, "Should a whore know how to read Reek?"

Theon shook his head.

"Then, why would you teach her?" Ramsay said, starting to get angry.

"I'm sorry Master." Theon didn't look up.

"Look at me." Theon forced himself to do so.

"Reek, you seem to be acting a lot like Theon Greyjoy, don't you think?" Ramsay paced in front of him.

"Who are you really?" Ramsay asked.

"I'm Reek." Theon cried. "I wasn't thinking master. It will never happen again. Please."

Theon's whole body was shaking. Ramsay looked him over for a second.

"Get on your knees." Ramsay commanded.

Theon slowly went to his knees. He bowed his head waiting for his punishment.

"Give me your hand." Ramsay took Theon's hand. He didn't dare look up. Ramsay put his other hand on top of his.

"I forgive you Reek." Theon let out a sigh of relief and his shaking started to calm again.

"Don't let something like this ever happen again. Next time I won't be as forgiving."

~

Theon opened the door. Tara looked up at him. She immediately ran to him and pulled him into an embrace. Theon wrapped his arms around her while she nuzzled into him.

"I was so frightened. I thought you were gone forever."

"I'm here now." Theon reassured her.

They pulled away from each other.

"What happened? Did he hurt you more?" Tara asked.

"No. He forgave me."

"Oh, thank the gods." Tara nodded.

"I missed you Tara." Theon took her hands into his.

"I never should have made you teach me. It was dumb." She bowed her head.

He lifted her chin with his hand. "Don't say that. Everything is going to be okay."

"One day I will finish teaching you, if you want." Theon added.

Tara broke into a smile, "One day will we leave here?"

"One day I want to marry you." Theon chuckled in response. Tara had a huge smile. However, her smile faded after a moment.

"Will I be marrying Theon Greyjoy or Reek?"

Theon dropped her hands slowly and sat down. His eyes found the ground. Tara sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"When I'm Theon Greyjoy, you always end up getting hurt." He paused, "When I'm Reek, you are safe."

"No matter where we are, I feel safe with you." Tara leaned her head against his shoulder. He leaned into her too as he wrapped his arm around her. They sat there together for a long time.