Chapter 48

When Tyrion finally returned, Tara felt like she could breathe again. 

To everyone's surprise, Cersei and her men followed behind him. Cersei met Daenerys again in the middle of the dragon pit. Everyone waited patiently for what she had to say. 

"My armies will not stand down. I will not pull them back to the capital." Cersei began to say. 

"I will march them north alongside you in the Great War. The darkness is coming for us all. We'll face it together. And when the Great War is over, perhaps you'll remember I choose to help with no promises or assurances from any of you. I expect not."

"Call our banners. All of them."

--

Tara finally found herself back in their room in Dragon Stone. She absolutely despised the rocking of a ship at sea. She was just glad to finally be in a place that felt like home. 

Theon had managed to disappear for a bit but in a way, Tara was kind of glad to have a room to herself. She couldn't remember the last time she was alone. 

She approached the standing mirror and took a look at herself. This was a way she had never imagined herself and she still hadn't got used to it. Her dress could probably have bought a feast for her whole family back in Fleabottom. It draped itself around her and touched the floor. 

Tara turned to the side and pushed down the fabric around her stomach. There was already a  bump. It was getting so big that it was starting to become impossible for Tara to hide it anymore. Before, she could just use her clothes to hide it from view. She wondered if people would notice now. 

She couldn't stop staring at it. She hated it. 

All it made her think of was Ramsay. It just forced her to think of him pushing her over a table or him on top of her, carving. It was ugly. An ugly reminder. She wished the bump would go away. 

Even after Ramsay was gone, he still found a way to torment her. 

Suddenly, Theon entered the room. Tara jumped from his entrance and tried to act like she was doing something else. The last thing she wanted was for him to see what she was doing just then. Luckily, he hadn't seen it. He was more focused on closing the door behind him. 

"Oh, I was wondering where you went." Tara tried to cover it up.

"Sorry," Theon started, "I just had to go for a walk."

Tara sat on the bed, "Is everything alright?"

Theon sat on the bed next to her, "I have just been thinking."

He hesitated as he gathered all of his thoughts, "I think want to talk to Jon." He said, "I want him to hear it from me about the mistakes I have made. I want him to know."

Tara gave him a small smile, "I think that's a great idea."

Theon looked back up at her. He was glad she thought so. However, his happiness washed away.

"Jon and I. We used to be brothers." Theon started, "I miss that. Even though I know I am the one who ruined it."

"I think at least talking to him is a good start. Even if it's already decided that you won't be able to be as close as you used to be." Tara said.

"I miss the family I used to have." Theon looked at Tara, "They were the only family I ever had. I mean, look at Jon. He wouldn't even lie to Cersei."

"That's exactly who Ned used to be." Theon said. A slight smile came to him as he remembered Ned. He was the most honorable man that Theon had ever known. 

Tara looked to the ground. In a way, she wished she had met him. She wished she could remember how it used to be too. However for Tara, the past was just more of the same. She knew in the future, it would be the times now that she would look back on and remember. 

"I'm just glad I have you Tara." Theon wrapped his arm around her and held her tight. She rested her head on his shoulder, "I really do mean that."

"I'm glad I have you too."