Chapter 19

Theon opened the door. Sansa was on the bed. She was facing away and she looked horrible. Theon set down the food and then went over to close the window. It made a loud sound as he shut the shutters. Sansa sat up quickly.

"Theon wait." Sansa called.

"Not Theon. Reek, my lady." Theon looked at the ground.

"Help me." She cried.

Theon turned around. "You're his wife now."

"Theon." Sansa said desperately.

"Do what he says. Do what he says or he will hurt you." Theon said rushed.

"He already hurts me every night. I am in here all day and every night he comes..." Tears welled up in Sansa's eyes, "It can't be any worse."

All the horrible memories flooded into Theon's mind, "It can. It can always be worse."

Sansa sat up and started to walk towards him. She was in horrible shape.

"What did he do to you?" Sansa asked.

"Please-"

"You betrayed my family!" Sansa yelled.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" Theon yelled back.

"Help me. Theon, you have to help me." Sansa pleaded.

"He'll see us. You don't know him." Theon sobbed.

"My family still has friends in the North. All I have to do is give the signal and they will rescue me.  Climb to the top of the broken Tower." Sansa quickly ran over and grabbed a candle. She put it into his hands. "Light this candle in the window. Promise me Theon."

"Reek! My name is Reek!" Theon called out. People only got hurt when he was Theon. Tara got raped when he was Theon. Sansa got raped when he was Theon. Everyone got hurt when he was Theon.

Theon tried to leave but Sansa held him back. "You are Theon. Theon Greyjoy. Last heir to Balon Greyjoy. Lord of the Iron Islands. Do you hear me?" She said sternly.

"Theon. Promise me." Sansa pleaded. Theon shook as she held him there. Theon hated what he had to say next, but he knew he was doing what was right.

"I can't. I'm sorry." Theon rushed out before she could do anything. He hated it but he knew he was protecting her.