16 ways to get a lover

- Belle Reve Penitentiary-
- 1 day after returning from defeating enchantress -
- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -
16 Ways to Get a Lover, the book read.

Hah. How are you going to find 16 lovers in this hellhole?

Harley tossed the book to the corner of her cage and crossed her arms as the voices started rambling on like they often like to do.

It's not like you're ready to move on anyway..

Exactly. isn't it a weird feeling that your baby is dead, Hqrls? Your only purpose for life. He died to save you. Nobody has even seen him cry but you, let alone be in his bedroom.

Oh, come on, he's not her baby. Don't you remember the countless times that ass tortured her and attempted  to kill her?

He's just damaged. Broken inside. Harley was his only light. She saw the beauty in his darkness.

Yeah, and he saw the darkness in her beauty. Shut up already. I'm glad that monster is gone. She can finally be her own person and not have to lean on him for everything.

Harley started smacking her head, trying to make them go away. "Can't you see it hasn't even been a week? Get outta my head. I don't want to think 'bout him right now."
Harley banged her head against the bars countless times before getting up to get a cup of coffee from her new espresso machine.  At least I have something for risking my life to kill that witch and save the damn world, Harley thought to herself.
Was it really worth it though?
Harley sighed out loud and tried to distract herself by listening to the machine do its magic.
"Well, I got you," she exclaimed, petting the machine like it was a living, breathing creature.

Harley twitched when she heard the steel doors to her cell room open. She turned to see Griggs trudging over to her cell.
Harley smirked and leaned her head against the bars until he got up to her.
"Decided to see what's going on, heard ya talkin' to yourself again," Griggs said, watching every part of her body to see if she was hiding anything.
"Oh, it's nothing," Harley said seductively.
She wrapped her hands around a bar and licked it ever so slowly, never breaking eye contact, then started to laugh.
"You're even more insane than before your mission started, lady." Griggs chuckled. "Too bad I wasn't there for the ride. Was it fun? What did you do, text your boyfriend, maybe?" Harley dropped her smile and stared into Griggs' eyes with a serious face.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about what happened." Griggs had an empathetic look on his face, but Harley knew when he was talking bull.
"Like you're ever empathetic for me," she said, turning her back and grabbing her coffee. She cringed at the taste.
"Crappy coffee, I know. Worse than dollar store quality. May as well rummage through the trash. I knew you'd love it," Griggs exclaimed, smiling.
Harley growled like a feral cat but decided not to try anything. She's had enough torture for now.

Griggs started to leave the room until Harley spoke up.
"Uh, I have a question."
Griggs turned around. "Do you? Well, what do you want? Hurry up."

Harley swallowed.
"I need.. advice."

Griggs walked back to her cell. "..And what kind of advice would an insane killer like you want to know?"

Harley sighed. "This is a serious question, Griggs. I know it's hard for an idiot like you to be serious."
Griggs rolled his eyes. "What is it, Harley?"

Harley looked at the ceiling, trying not to let her emotions get the best of her. She started to tear up, and sniffed, rubbing her eye.
Griggs was surprised. He made eye contact and listened.

"..What do normal people do when someone that they love dies?"

- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -
Hey! So I hope you liked the first chapter of this book! It's my first story so opinions are fine, just nothing rude would be nice. I'm really excited to continue this story, this first chapter or two will be in the prison and focus a bit more on griggs and Harley's 'relationship' (not in that way!) and how they interact with each other and stuff. But after that it'll all be about joker and harley :)
Hope you enjoyed the first of many chapters. I'm really excited to continue!