reassurance

- HARLEY'S POV -

Gunshots and screams echoed throughout the mall as Mr. J and I were having the time of our lives.
I could see the feeling of power and control Mr. J possessed as he effortlessly shot dozens of civilians with his golden AK47.
We both laughed at the blood spilling throughout the building. It was the punchline of the joke. Our joke.

I stepped over some bodies to get to my puddin, and he turned towards me.
He purred and pulled me into him, and I nuzzled his neck with a smile creeping on my face.
"Good girl," he whispered into my ear, and I felt his hot breath, making my skin tingle as the blood started rising underneath my skin.
He let go of me and whistled, making me twitch. J's men came running and all stood in front of him.
"Get outta here. Johnny, my boy, you stay."
All the men started leaving the building, leaving Johnny standing awkwardly next to some bodies.
"Stay at the entrance. When the cops come, give me a call," J demanded, and Frost nodded, whipping out his phone as he went to the entrance.

I watched him leave until I felt Mr. J come behind me and grab my shoulders. His hot breath lingered on the back of my neck, and he stroked his arms up and down my waist.
"Let's go shopping, baby," he said, making me perk up and turn around looking into my angel's dark orbs that sent shocks throughout my body. He ran his tongue over his silver teeth, and grabbed my hand as we walked together through the empty mall full of bodies and blood.
We were at peace.
I always was around him.

***

We walked past some more stores after lots of "shopping", and I stopped at a doctor's office.
J noticed and turned around, walking up to me and holding my hand tightly.

"Cmon baby," he spoke, breaking the awkward silence.

I sighed and shook the faded memories out of my head, following him. I looked back, staring at the word "doctor" on the bright blue sign until going around the corner.

- AUTHOR'S POV -

FLASHBACK-
Arkham Asylum - harleen's 11th session with joker

Today was the worst day to have a bad sleep.
After waking up at 3:00 am and staring at the ceiling for 30 minutes, Harleen decided to just get up and spend extra time getting ready for today.
Today was a day Harleen especially looked forward to. It was gonna be her 11th session with him. And things were going well. He seems to trust her, and they were definitely bonding. She saw it as an opportunity to get into his mind a little more, and hopefully, even fix him some day.
She couldn't deny she felt exhilaration around him. And she couldn't deny he felt something for her too.
His smile would light up a whole room. That electric green hair and those scarlet lips gave her life some colour.
She almost felt a craving for him. The days she didn't see him were ironically always terrible days. She felt so bland. Everything around her was plain. Boring. Until his colourful figure would sit before her, dark eyes burning through her body. And his sexy, raspy, mysterious, seductive deep voice made her heart either skip a beat or not beat at all when he spoke. Or when he called her "baby" and "doll". She didn't have any friends, really. He complimented her every session, no matter his emotions that day, whether it was about her hair, or her outfit, or her smile.

He was the spark. The light. The colour in her grey, boring life.

But today was the worst day to get only a few hours of sleep. It was always obvious when Harleen didn't get enough sleep. It really showed. And she had the urge to look good for him. She had to. She had to please him. To make him happy.