safe

- 1 day later -
It didn't take long for harley to recover from what happened, but it didn't change the fact he was gone. Somewhere, deep in her crazy, broken, deceased mind, she had hope. The slightest hope he'd crash through the wall out of nowhere and return to her.

Harley, that's IMPOSSIBLE. The guy is dead, he can't rise from the grave and come back to life. Stop hoping.. Stop hoping.

And she was still bored out of her mind. Having the occasional breakdown did get rid of some pain, but only for a few minutes until it came back to snack her in the face. The pain never left. The boredom never left.

And that terrible coffee taste never left, either.

But what could she do? She guessed shitty coffee was better than nothing, at least. Harley sighed out loud and stood up, trudging over to her espresso machine, turning it on and listening to the coffee slowly run into the small white mug. She started humming, at peace for a few moments.

It all happened at once. Her brain didn't have time to register it. The wall exploded into a million pieces, following with smoke bombs and shooting throughout the prison. Harley couldn't see a thing. She just sat on the ground and covered her head.
That's when a few figures came into view. Harley stood up in a dominant pose even though she was weak. They brought out a chainsaw and destroyed the lock, and entered the cell. Harley swallowed, not knowing what would happen next.

He took off his mask, and her eyes welled up as she ran to him, wrapping her arms around his neck while he embraced her. He held her waist with one hand and the other rubbed her shoulder.
Harley was bawling. She couldn't take it all in.
She felt his hot breath in her ear as he whispered.
"Let's go home."

They stood there hugging each other tightly for what felt like forever, until he pulled back suddenly then immediately tilted her head and crashed his lips onto hers. Harley wrapped her arms around him kissing back passionately. He stroked his hands down to her waist and back up to her shoulders, never breaking the kiss.
Harley started kissing harder until Joker pulled back and broke it.
"Let's save that till we're home," his deep throaty voice said as he caressed her cheek. Harley had tears on her face and just gave her puddin her most genuine smile.
"..I thought you died.." she said suddenly looking down. He lightly brought her chin up to make eye contact with him. He flashed his metal teeth in a smile. A warm smile.

"Harley Quinn.. I'm not going anywhere."

Harley teared up more and hugged him tightly, making him fall back a bit as he laughed.

--------------
Hey sorry in not good with writing joker (or harley for that matter). but what will happen next? :) :) Please note that I won't have a lot of the abusive side in this relationship, instead more of the loving side like in suicide squad.
I've never written joker or harley stories so idk really what I'm doing lmao but yknow