free

"Boss, we gotta go! There's too many of them!"
Joker growled at Frost, who was waving for them to come over.

Harley looked at her puddin. "I'm right behind you Mr. J," Harley said, grabbing the Joker's hand tightly. He looked at Harley seeing the trust in her eyes.

Joker held her hand tighter and kissed her forehead. He was about to say something but hesitated and started running with her hand still in his.

Once out of the prison Harley took a deep breath of the fresh oxygen. She was free.

Free.

What else would she need in life? She has freedom, she has Mr. J, riches and everything she could ever want. She started tearing up because she was so happy.

Joker looked at Harley, still holding her hand tightly.
"What's wrong, baby?" he asked rubbing her cheek in circular motions with his thumb.
Harley looked at Joker smiling. "Nothing at all."
Her puddin smiled. "That's what I want to hear," he said stopping for a moment to hug Harley, holding her in his arms.
Harley smiled the happiest smile she could, embracing the beautiful feeling of his touch.

He usually wasn't so loving with Harley. The occasional kiss on the cheek and hand holding, but nothing else as often as this.
After losing her for however long maybe he realized he needs to appreciate her and embrace his emotions. That's what Harley thought, at least. She liked it though. No, she loved it. Every moment she craved his touch and now he wants the same thing. Well, he always has, just never wanted to show it. He didn't want to look vulnerable. Didn't want to have sympathy for other people. Harley knew this. She's been around him long enough to figure out how he acts, and for some reasons why.

Being a doctor helps, I guess.

But in this moment. In this very moment, there was nothing else harley wanted more than this. Her beautiful angel saving her from the depths of prison. All for her.
She loved him.
He loved her.
She understands how hard it is for him to show that though. Especially to say those three words. Maybe once he said it? Harley couldn't remember. But he didn't have to say it. Imagine, if he someday said those three words. I lo-

"Baby? I, uh.. need to say something."

Harley's imaginative thoughts were interrupted by her angel's voice.
She looked at him. "Yes puddin?"

She saw joker hesitating. He stared into her soul, contemplating whether he should say whatever he was going to say.

Harley started to look away knowing he wouldn't say whatever it was, but he grabbed her shoulders and faced her towards him again.

Still holding her shoulders, he stared into her blue eyes.

"I love you, Harley."