happy birthday! | tsukishima kei

word count: 1353
genre: fluff?? i guess, not sure
notes: happy birthday to tsukishima kei-ndescending no matter how salty everyone still loves him (the character growth i witnessed in the shiratorizawa match is too much it makes me cry)

[🔱]

It's just a few days away until Tsukishima Kei's birthday and you along with the volleyball team want to throw a surprise birthday party for him.

Today, the volleyball practice goes on as usual. But oblivious to Kei, you were in the gym too just hiding in the gym's storeroom and every time Kei made his way towards the storeroom, one of the members would block him. You were hiding because today you and the team will discuss the surprise birthday party and Kei doesn't know that you're actually in the gym because you told him that you're going home first.

Daichi ended the practice earlier and call it day. Everyone quickly tidy the gym up, and you just giggled every time the members go back and forth the storeroom.

The team didn't forget to observe every moves Kei makes. He's currently packing his stuff and is about to leave. They were all waiting for him to set his foot out of the gym first of course. And as much as you want Tadashi to join and discuss the plan, he couldn't because he had to act as usual with going home together so it won't rise any suspicion.

When your blond boyfriend had left, you slowly perked your head to take a peek.

"Has he left?" You whispered from the door.

"Yep, you can come out now, [Name]-chan." Koushi heard you and replied.

You finally get to came out from the dark and dusty storeroom.

"Aahh finallyyyyyyyy fresh airrrrrrrrrr." You threw your arms in the air. "Oh wait, its mixed with your sweats so its sweatttts aiiiirrrrr."

"Well, its sweats air here everyday." Chikara pointed out.

Everyone began to gather and sat down on the wooden gym floor, forming a big circle.

"So what cake should we buy him?" Koushi asked while clicking the pen and get ready to note down everything.

"Strawberry shortcake." You answered.

"Pft." You heard Tobio snickered. "Seriously? Strawberry shortcake?"

"It's his favorite food. Funny right? Despite his condescending personality." You snickered too.

"He's salty as fuck but likes strawberry shortcake?" Ryunosuke laughed.

"The strawberries do him no good at all." Yuu added.

"Other than foods," Daichi spoke, "does anyone have any idea--"

"Can we piss him off?" Tobio interjected and looked at Daichi.

"Yeah! I want to piss him off!!" Shouyou joined and punched his palm.

"Isn't that going too far?" Asahi asked, a worried expression plastered on his face.

"He always rile us up and he's purely annoying." Ryunosuke said.

Koushi looked over to you. "Well, if [Name]-chan is okay with her boyfriend being--"

You laughed before Koushi could finish. "You can do whatever you want. He's all yours."

"YESS!!!" The four idiots cheered in unison.