bus seat jealousy. | bokuto koutarou

word count: 1982
genre: jealousy . . . everywhere
notes: first bokuto fic

[🔱]

Bokuto Koutaro is the captain of Fukurodani's volleyball team. Tagged as a simpleton, he is actually respected. He's a cheery man and could come off as a show off sometimes, yet there are times when he's wise. He's quite a forgetful person and there are times when everyone is completely done with his mood swings. But despite that, everyone trusts him deeply to bring himself back up in the game.

He never shuts up, that's what everyone says. But when it comes to [Name], he would lose his voice.

This is the first time he's shy around someone, and he felt like its out of his character. He's the type who gets along well with everyone, talks with everyone - but why couldn't he get along with her?

He wanted to get along with her so bad. But the big question is 'how'.

Today, the school had a practice match with Nekoma. She was there along with the other managers. Koutaro couldn't concentrate on the match due to stealing glances at [Name] all the time and that made Keiji stopped tossing the ball to him.

And when it was time to go, everyone from Fukurodani mounted their bus.

Koutaro has done a little observation on her when it comes to seats in the bus. She either sat at the front with the other girls or the second row from the back with Keiji, and whenever she sat together with him, they would always talk non-stop as if never running out of topic. It has been like that ever since [Name] joined the volleyball team, which is a couple of months ago and its getting on his nerves.

And she is sitting with him now.

Very much to Koutaro's dislike.

Koutaro couldn't do anything but stare at her from behind, sometimes eavesdropping. He didn't want to interrupt her talk with Keiji, since she always laughed and seemed to be having fun. He thought that if he abruptly joined the talk, he would be nothing but a hindrance.

He wondered if he could do the same too, like Keiji that is.

"I want to sit next to her". Koutarou pouted under his breath.

"Bokuto-san did you say something?" Keiji glanced at him.

"What?" He glanced back at Keiji with wide eyes, hoping that Keiji didn't hear what he just said. "No, no." He chuckled nervously.

Keiji frowned at his weird behavior. He has never seen his upperclassman nervous like that, but he decided to shake it off and not think about it.

『♛』

The team had a practice after school for a few hours. When the sun has set and the sky has turned dark, it was time to call it a day.

"Okay everyone, practice is over." One of the managers announced.

Everyone stopped playing and begin to focus on cleaning the gym up.

Koutaro was about to say something to Keiji before the said latter trailed off and left Koutaro alone. He watches Keiji's figure, and he stopped his tracks when he met [Name].

She's talking to Keiji again. Oh look, they're laughing together. Koutaro said in his mind. How nice.

After that, Keiji returned to where Koutaro is.

"Bokuto-sa--"

"Hmph." He crossed his arms and looked away.

What the ... . Keiji thought.