sawamura daichi

[Name] might be Daichi's girlfriend, but before she dated him, she knew that Daichi is really close with Koushi and because of that, she shipped the volleyball team captain with the vice-captain

[Name] might be Daichi's girlfriend, but before she dated him, she knew that Daichi is really close with Koushi and because of that, she shipped the volleyball team captain with the vice-captain. She has this habit of shipping people (especially boys) in school and can't resist it. It is alsp her hidden guilty pleasure. [Name] would blame it on her fangirling hormones – and most anime fandoms.

But at least, she wasn't the only one with the 'shipping' thing.

The Karasuno volleyball team is.

A few days just before Father's Day in Japan, [Name] and the other team members have been planning to give a surprise gift for Daichi and since the members are just as crazy as she is, everyone is begging at Koushi to be the gift.

"WHAT?!" Koushi freaks out.

"Come on, Suga-san, do it!" Yuu begs, clasping his hands together.

"For team dad!" Shouyou does the same.

"Um, shouldn't it be [Name]-chan instead of me?" Koushi looks over to her. "I mean, she is Daichi's girlfriend."

[Name] shakes her head and chuckles. "Oh no, no. You're the vice-captain and that makes you the team's 'mother'." She sharply turns her head to them. "WHO THINKS SUGAWARA KOUSHI ACTS LIKE A MOM? RAISE YOUR HANDS!"

Everyone immediately throw their hands up in the air, making Koushi tip his head backwards in shock.

"If I'm the 'mom', then who are you?" Koushi asks, glancing at her.

"I am . . . the irresponsible aunt," [Name] replies as she scoops her arms around the four idiots. "And they are my cute, hyper nephews."

"Nephews!" Shouyou beamed.

Koushi heaves out a long groan when he placed his palm on his face. "Daichi is going to kill every one of us."

"SUGA-SAN PLEASE!" Everyone pleads and fall to their knees, even [Name]. They all seemed to ignore Koushi's statement earlier.

Koushi sighs in defeat. Since he has a soft spot for the team, he finally agrees to do it, much to everyone's satisfaction.

"Okay, just tell me what to do."

Everyone starts to smirks mischievously and Koushi gulps his saliva, beginning to regret the decision he just made. He was screaming internally, afraid of what is going to come his way.

Daichi is confused when his team wanted a volleyball practice on Sunday. They kept on bombarding him in the group chat – especially the four idiots. First, there was Shouyou who wanted to sharpen his blocking abilities because he hates being inferior to Kei which then resulted in texts fight between them. Then, there's Tobio who wanted to perfect his setter skills because he wants to beat Tooru and saying that he was pissed off at the Great King for making Tobio bow at him. Yuu and Ryuunosuke somehow used Asahi as an excuse, saying that the ace's spikes are not as powerful as they thought.

The chat ended with Daichi replying their texts in caps lock, but despite that, it was a mission success because Daichi consented to have practice on Sunday.

By the time Daichi reaches the school's gym, he was surprised to see that everyone had arrived before him.

He sees Shouyou running up to him with gleaming eyes.

"Happy Father's Day!"

Daichi glances down at the orange-haired child with flat eyes. "Heh, thanks."

"We have something for you!" Shouyou adds.

Daichi is bemused with Shouyou's words and then, his eyes catches half of the team and [Name] pushing a large box towards him. Daichi is taken back by the box's appearance, but mostly, its size. He thinks for a second that his team mates are taking this Father's Day too literally.

"Oh my, you guys didn't have to—"

He got interrupted by confetti blasting out of the box and the moment he blinks his eyes, he sees Koushi standing from inside the box with a rose in his mouth. Daichi's face screams more than just shock.

"Hello, daddy," Koushi chimes and winks at him. Daichi is absolutely flabbergasted that he doesn't even know what words are.

"Why are you guys like this . . ." was all he could say.

Extended:

After practice, [Name] walked home together with Daichi as usual.

"You planned that didn't you?" he asks, breaking the silence.

"Planned what?" [Name] tries to play dumb.

"The Father's Day and the present. Why the heck did you put Suga in that box?" he blurts. "And he had a rose in his mouth, [Name], a rose. What kind of sick—"

"I know you liked it, Daichi," [Name] teases. "And your welcome."

"It was you, huh?"

"You think I'm the only culprit?" [Name] quirks an eyebrow at him. "The whole team wanted to do it as well."

"You've always been the mastermind," he states.

[Name] sighs. "Daichi, before I dated you, I've actually shipped you with Suga-san," she confessed.

"Say what?" Daichi heard her, but he just wants her to repeat that one more time.

"Hahaha, nothing," she lilts.

Without taking a glance, she knows Daichi has an angry look on his face and just as everyone says, he gets scary when he does, so, [Name] sprinted to avoid his wrath.

"[NAME]!!!" Her boyfriend roared and ran after her.