sugawara koushi : crazier

// inspired by taylor swift - crazier //

how does one person give you butterflies?

maybe it is your smile, how they always radiate like sunshine sipping through the windows every morning he enters the classroom. maybe it is the way you laugh, how it always echoes in the back of his mind and makes his heart dance all the time. maybe it's the way you walk, how he finds it adorable the way you take every step. or maybe it's when you hit him in the arm or shoulder after he made a bad joke, but you seem to enjoy it anyways.

every sky was your own kind of blue.

how does one person make you stay awake at night?

he wondered. oh, honey, you have no idea.

because all he knows is the shape of your face, and he imagined how it'll perfectly fit in his hands. the smile and the wrinkles forming in your eyes whenever you speak. the words are inaudible because, how could he focus when he's presented with such grace? he'll replay the moments he spent with you, hoping it'll lead to a beautiful dream. and when the sun comes, he'll curse for waking up.

feels like i'm falling
and i am lost in your eyes

what led him here? when did falling for you happen? every time he tries to think of it, it feels like looking for a story lost to time. but maybe that's how it always been. crushes mostly started simple, like telling jokes or doodling in each other's notes. it's the rare feeling of delight he finds in a person. when you laugh, the next thing he knew, he's laughing with you too. it's when he realizes time goes painfully slow when you're not around. it's the vacant space in his bed, where he wishes you're there beside him. it's the clear l o n g i n g for your existence.

and i wanted to know how that would feel
and you made it so real

he never fully realised the crush he had for you because it was always hidden in the little things. only when they accumulate, he begins to see them clearly, like ripples on the water as it gets bigger. but that's what scares him too. he can never comprehend the raw emotion that not only fuels how he breathes, but also controls every action he execute around you. the uncertainty of wanting to reveal the truth to you drives him mad. he wants to look at you a little longer, but his cowardice will always make him look away.

shall he keep this silent—let death wash it away?
or should he scream it out to the world
—knowing you probably won't stay?

you make me crazier, crazier, crazier.